New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

Would have thought if Tata sponsored us they would advertise the Land Rover and Jaguar brands.....

No need. As I keep saying, jaguar Land Rover are already very recognisable brands. Any company sponsoring us will be looking to raise brand awareness. It's only when you get to the teams like Man united and Chelsea where big name companies already recognisable start sponsoring, because they are then associated with winners.

Despite Tata owning JLR, very few people know who they are. If they're looking to bring their own vehicles or anything else they make into the UK market then this may be the way forward and I could perhaps see it happening.

I agree the logo doesn't look too bad at all.

Completely disagree Stevo, Tata don't sell anything on this country so whats the point in advertising? Also recently Man Utd have had a couple of sponsors that are far from well known.

if Tata sponsor Villa it ill be Jaguar and/or Landrover on the shirts.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely disagree Stevo, Tata don't sell anything on this country so whats the point in advertising? Also recently Man Utd have had a couple of sponsors that are far from well known.

Orly?

Would have thought if Tata sponsored us they would advertise the Land Rover and Jaguar brands.....

No need. As I keep saying, jaguar Land Rover are already very recognisable brands. Any company sponsoring us will be looking to raise brand awareness. It's only when you get to the teams like Man united and Chelsea where big name companies already recognisable start sponsoring, because they are then associated with winners.

Despite Tata owning JLR, very few people know who they are. If they're looking to bring their own vehicles or anything else they make into the UK market then this may be the way forward and I could perhaps see it happening.

Aren't you contradicting yourself?

Aren't you contradicting yourself?

Nope, I made 2 seperate points, firstly Tata don't sell anything in this country and despite BOF's old link they wont be selling the Nano here.

The second point was in response to Stevo saying the top clubs only go for famous brands.

Nope, I made 2 seperate points, firstly Tata don't sell anything in this country and despite BOF's old link they wont be selling the Nano here.

The second point was in response to Stevo saying the top clubs only go for famous brands.

TATA are everywhere, they have fingers in many industries not so much selling products but services. And when I say services I mean they will outsource your job to somebody in India who wont have a clue what he's doing but will do it at a fraction of the price.

Why didn't they start selling off the old shirts on Sunday though? Perfect time to sell IMO
I got an email last week telling me there shirts were reduced to £17 and was going to get one but descided to wait and get it in the Villa Village. to be sure with sizes and save on P&P, got to the store tired on the top went to pay for it asked the guy were they reduced to £17, he told me its only online :x :x .

I agree on your first point, which is why I said "if they were looking to bring their own vehicles or anything else they make into the UK market"

And I also agree on your second point. My point wasn't that ALL big teams have big name sponsors. It was the opposite, big name companies don't tend to sponsor anyone but big name teams. But that doesn't mean all big teams are sponsored by big companies.

There's 2 type of sponsorship, brand awareness and partnering. Brand awareness as I said raises awareness of the brand, hence the name. If an unknown company can afford to get on Untied's shirts then of course they'll raise their brand through them.

Partnering is associating your brand with a team. A big company with already a high profile brand isn't going to associate its brand with us because we're not a big enough team. We don't win things. Big companies like Samsung, vodafone, carlsberg etc are only going to sponsor a football team if they can associate themselves with a massive club who win things.

It's not advertising in the traditional sense.

Partnering is associating your brand with a team. A big company with already a high profile brand isn't going to associate its brand with us because we're not a big enough team. We don't win things. Big companies like Samsung, vodafone, carlsberg etc are only going to sponsor a football team if they can associate themselves with a massive club who win things.

It's not advertising in the traditional sense.

This much is true, however the point is the Premier League market isnt concerned only with the UK. Far from it the prem is sold all over the world and its this that a group like Tata would be interested in.

I'm not saying Tata are or will be the sponsor but they wouldnt necessarily hang around while the big 4/5/? are held in deals over a number of years.

They also happen to have so much money it would probabaly be a drop in the ocean financially for them.

What new kit sponsor?

ASTON Villa will continue its charity shirt sponsorship arrangement with Acorns Children’s Hospice if the club fails to agree a lucrative deal with a major company.

For the past two seasons, Villa’s football kits have carried the logo of the Midlands organisation, which cares for life-limited children and their families.

The ground-breaking link-up, in which the Premier League club waived lucrative sponsorship rights to promote Acorns, is scheduled to end now.

However, Villa chairman Randy Lerner has confirmed that ongoing negotiations with several potential shirt sponsors have yet to reach a conclusion.

Mr Lerner revealed that the generous Acorns arrangement would be revived next season if a commercial company fails to meet Villa’s asking price.

Asked if Villa were close to securing a shirt sponsor, Mr Lerner replied: “No, not close but we’ve had good leads, very real negotiations where we’ve sat with people, looked them in the eye, quoted the number, it’s gone down the path.

“We’re not there yet, we have made a decision to remain reasonably stubborn about what we think it’s worth.

“And we’ve made the decision that if we’re not seeing those values (matched), to continue on with our partnership with Acorns. I’m not sure that’s the perfect way to do it but that is what we’re doing and we’ve had some pretty good interest.”

Acorns’ chief executive David Strudley said: “Acorns’ presence on Aston Villa shirts for the last two seasons is only one element of an extremely strong partnership that both parties are committed to in the long term.

“We are confident that as we continue to work closely with Aston Villa no-one will forget us or the important role we play in supporting life-limited and life-threatened children and their families.”

Randy says

Was just about to say I wouldn't be suprised if we kept Acorns for another year. It's very honourable holding out for a certain sum of money, but it looks like we are finding it very hard to find one.

That's what I thought when we stuck with Acorns for a second year. Still, if we can afford to hold out then I guess it implies we are doing quite well financially.

Great to see Sir Randy not willing to devalue the brand by taking the best available offer (e.g. Cows, 32Red.com etc.). Having your brand name on the villa shirt should carry a minimum value, and given our recent performances in cup finals / 6th in the league I'd be surprised if we don't get a good deal with a big brand in time for next season.

The General confirmed in his post as follows

"The dates sound pretty accurate...could always fluctuate a week or so. "

Home 1st August, Away 7th August.

It does piss me off that we release our kit sooo much later than everyone else.

The General confirmed in his post as follows

"The dates sound pretty accurate...could always fluctuate a week or so. "

Home 1st August, Away 7th August.

It does piss me off that we release our kit sooo much later than everyone else.

Ah so i was right then with that link from sports direct, wish i wasnt as would have been nice to have worn the new top whilst over in spain on my hols

Â