• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Heskey
    • Delfouneso (for Heskey 14)
    • Sidwell (for Milner 77)

always expect the worst and you wont be dissapointed.... the only way to support villa

If this was the worst thing you could have expected I can only assume you haven't been watching the Villa for long.

If you'd have said 'prepare to be occasionally disappointed, and you won't be disappointed' then I'd be entirely in agreement.

We've been to Wembley, we're going there again, and we're still in the running for 4th spot. I'm happy to be a Villan.

Fed up of another draw, fed up of no Clinical finishing, Collins free header at 0-0, somehow puts it wide and two minutes later we're 1-0 down. Carew in the second half, free header from a corner he has to score that.

How many chances have we wasted over the last two home games? The opposition have had between them probably 4 chances and scored 3 goals and left with a draw each. Not good enough.

General play was o.k, Young was excellent and we showed good spirit to get it back to 1-1 quickly. But it was a game we had to win and we failed. We just lack the ruthlessness to get the win to me when it matters, until we gain that mentality we won't finish top 4 or win a trophy I fear. Yet again the thousands leaving VP from 80 + minutes didn't miss a crucial goal, they're right more times than the team are.

Gordon kept them in the game and it's a shame we couldn't have got the winner. I can't understand people saying we didn't want to win it, we aren't good enough to just say "ok let's take over and dominate the game."

I think the fonz showed that MON has made mistakes not giving him chances earlier but he did two big **** ups near the end.

I didn't think we looked tired, we had our chances but like all season we've lacked that player that turns 1 point into 2.

The amount of times our defenders picked up the ball and passed it to nobody was annoying - we have to keep the ball better to progress.

Cuellar offers no threat on the right, Downing should be on the left but Young is better there meaning Downing plays on the right and looks average.

Heskey is Heskey - utter tosh! I saw more attacking threat from Delf in one half of football than I have in the mule all season!

Petrov just doesn't have the engine to last the whole game.

We may have not lost more games than any other premiership teams but we draw far too many. We need to take more risks because for the level we want to get to 1 point so often is just not enough!

Gordon kept them in the game and it's a shame we couldn't have got the winner. I can't understand people saying we didn't want to win it, we aren't good enough to just say "ok let's take over and dominate the game."

I think the fonz showed that MON has made mistakes not giving him chances earlier but he did two big **** ups near the end.

I didn't think we looked tired, we had our chances but like all season we've lacked that player that turns 1 point into 2.

I can't believe that people are writing us of for 4th, its ridiculous. We have played some blinding football at times in the last two games, we have come from behind to get a result and maintain our EXCELLENT undefeated run in the league. Tottenham have 4 point on us but still have to play Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U, Man city are only two points ahead of us and we still have to play them in the 37 game of the season, Liverpool are still poor.

Throw in the fact MON is prepared to play Albrighton and the Fonz as well as Delph to come in. Throw in the fact Chelsea are a little vulnerable right now I think we still have all to play for.

It not all doom and gloom, we need to be positive and back our fine team that play their heart out every week and the manager that inspires them to do so.

Very fine post! You really have lifted my spirits. There are still nine games left, a lot can happen yet.

we have drawn 7 out of the 10 games in 2010 - unbeaten is irrelevent, this is not good enough.

3 wins in 13 says it all. Once again we choke when it matters.

Spot on.

West Ham- DRAW

Arsenal- DRAW

Manure- DRAW

Wolves- DRAW

Sunderland- DRAW

West Ham- WIN

Arsenal- LOSE

Manure- LOSE

Wolves- WIN

Sunderland- WIN

The bottom sequence gains you four more points over a season. We're back to what we were under Gregory, content to draw half our games during a season as it looks good to see we have a ten or so game unbeaten run, it ultimately gets you nowhere if you don't win enough games.

One home win since December. Not good enough, the same thing happened in the second half of last season if you check back.

We're a very good away team but at home we produce too many mediocre results over a season.

I didn't think we looked tired, we had our chances but like all season we've lacked that player that turns 1 point into 2.[/quote]

He'd have to be a miracle worker to earn us 2 points from a game! :lol:

We started brightly and they scored a goal against the run of play but somehow I felt we had it in us to go on and win it. The second half was poor because it was obvious they were content with the point and we really should have pressed on. Many players looked jaded and just out of gas in the last 20 minutes. Not a poor performance but we were lacking in aggression. What I've also noticed is that our steady defence has looked pretty shaky recently.

I'm a big fan of Petrov but in the second half he was just too tired and MON should have subbed him IMO. When Delfouneso (who was very good) went trough on goal in the end I was screaming for Stan to make the run on his left but he didn't, probably because of tiredness.

Friedel - 6 - Didn't have much to do but nearly made an uncharacteristic mistake early in the second half.

Cuellar - 6 - Solid game from Cuellar but his passing is always suspect. Even a simple 2 meter pass is trouble for him.

Dunne - 5 - Not his usual self. Made a huge cockup that could have cost us and generally looked uneasy.

Collins - 6 - Our best defender today but should have scored from the open header.

Warnock - 5 - Has been poor recently and has looked very suspicious when he has to defend. Made some good forward runs as per usual.

Downing - 7 - Did pretty well I thought but he still looks like he's afraid of physical contact.

Young - 8 - Very lively tonight, made plenty of good crosses and set up the goal beautifully. It's obvious to me that he is full of confidence at the moment.

Milner - 6 - Was apparently carrying a knock before the game and didn't live up to his usual high standards because of that.

Petrov - 6 - I'm always confident when he has the ball and he was solid as usual but he really does look like he needs a rest. At least not to play every full 90 minutes.

Carew - 8 - Had a good game today and continued his scoring form. Great run as well in the second half.

Heskey - n/a - Looked like he was up for the game but once again he gets those little niggles that he can't shake off.

Delfouneso - 8 - Terrific game from The Fonz. He's certainly not afraid to take people on and surprised me with his pace. IMO he's not been used enough.

I just don't understand why MON made the point of mentioning that he has to rotate the squad because we have a lot of games coming up but then he doesn't even rest ONE player!?

I don't think there is a chance in hell that we will get that fourth place if MON doesn't utilise the squad more. Very tough game against Chelsea on Saturday and to get anything there would be a huge bonus.

I was sure that we had learnt our lesson last season but it looks like once again we'll just fade away when it matters the most. Please MON prove me wrong!

Friedel didn't make a save - nice one Brad

Cuellar can't play football

dunne looks like the man city version

Collins missed a sitter

Warnock not too bad

Petrov was shit

Milner I hardly saw

Young looked ok

Downing was crap

fonz did nothing

Carew missed a sitter but I love him

Very disappointing result. Had plenty of chances, should have won it. Some nice stuff from Carew and Young. Yet another woeful performance from a defensive viewpoint. CC was his usual self, as uncomfortable with the ball as always, just blindly floating the balls upstream with zero idea or thought. Not that the rest of the defense was any better. Nevertheless i feel compelled to say it again, he should never ever play a game as a full back. He offers absolutely nothing going forward and never has.

Also people can moan all day long about how useless Heskey is (which I'll agree, he really is), but the Fonz offered very little tonight and I don't think he is ready for these games yet. Most of the time he was just running around like a headless chicken, at the wrong place, at the wrong time.

Also people can moan all day long about how useless Heskey is (which I'll agree, he really is), but the Fonz offered very little tonight and I don't think he is ready for these games yet. Most of the time he was just running around like a headless chicken, at the wrong place, at the wrong time.

Ahhh... but he was moving at least! Thats an improvement on Heskey already!

always expect the worst and you wont be dissapointed.... the only way to support villa

If this was the worst thing you could have expected I can only assume you haven't been watching the Villa for long.

If you'd have said 'prepare to be occasionally disappointed, and you won't be disappointed' then I'd be entirely in agreement.

We've been to Wembley, we're going there again, and we're still in the running for 4th spot. I'm happy to be a Villan.

Exactly.

The performance was good, we defended great, we were always a threat and if not for some great goalkeeping we would have won. Another trip to Wembley soon and still in the run in for 4th. Certainly good times to be a Villan.

Oh and The Fonz definitely looked the part and I'd hope his performance today grants a start between now and the end of the season.

MOTM - Carew.

Exactly.

The performance was good, we defended great, we were always a threat and if not for some great goalkeeping we would have won. Another trip to Wembley soon and still in the run in for 4th. Certainly good times to be a Villan.

Oh and The Fonz definitely looked the part and I'd hope his performance today grants a start between now and the end of the season.

MOTM - Carew.

You really think so? I think our defence hasn't looked this shaky all season.

The Fonz played his part in the goal if you watch it back, nice direct run forward and then pass to Young and I thought he was bright for the rest of the first half.

Second half yeah he faded. Sunderland's CBs got tighter to him and he hasn't got the strength just yet or the intelligence that he'll get from playing more games of when to hold up and release the ball.

we have drawn 7 out of the 10 games in 2010 - unbeaten is irrelevent, this is not good enough.

3 wins in 13 says it all. Once again we choke when it matters.

Spot on.

West Ham- DRAW

Arsenal- DRAW

Manure- DRAW

Wolves- DRAW

Sunderland- DRAW

West Ham- WIN

Arsenal- LOSE

Manure- LOSE

Wolves- WIN

Sunderland- WIN

The bottom sequence gains you four more points over a season. We're back to what we were under Gregory, content to draw half our games during a season as it looks good to see we have a ten or so game unbeaten run, it ultimately gets you nowhere if you don't win enough games.

West Ham- LOSE

Arsenal- LOSE

Manure- LOSE

Wolves- LOSE

Sunderland- LOSE, and half the team die in a flesh-eating virus outbreak

West Ham- DRAW

Arsenal- DRAW

Manure- DRAW

Wolves- DRAW

Sunderland- DRAW

The bottom sequence is better than the top.

Or, to put it another way, it's better to win than draw, and it's better to draw than lose.

In other news, the Pope is a big beleiver in transubstantiation, and Gentle Ben is no stranger to a poo in the pines.

The Fonz played his part in the goal if you watch it back, nice direct run forward and then pass to Young and I thought he was bright for the rest of the first half.

Second half yeah he faded. Sunderland's CBs got tighter to him and he hasn't got the strength just yet or the intelligence that he'll get from playing more games of when to hold up and release the ball.

I don't question his effort. I think he worked as hard as he possibly could. But like i said, don't think he is ready for these games yet. But then again, I don't want to see Heskey up there either. Perhaps a 5-man midfield would be a better option at present. Especially towards the end, when Petrov runs out of steam.