• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Heskey
    • Delfouneso (for Heskey 14)
    • Sidwell (for Milner 77)

A good perfomance which on another day could have been different. As games go on we are just looking incredibly jaded. As much as I admire Petrovs effort the man was absolutely knackered out there. I thought Mike Dean had a shocking game also.

Delfouneso should be playing more. Looked more than comfortable tonight at that level of football.

I'm in shock right now. It really looks as if we have well and truly blown our shot at fourth. I thought we already might have with the Wolves result but I think this may well have sealed our fate now. Mathematically we are still in it, so I am still holding onto some hope, however it is very slim. I think we have condemned ourselves to finishing 5th-8th now. Gutted.....

Onto the match, the lads played very well in the first half. Yet we did our usual and failed to make the chances pay, through poor finishing and good goalkeeping. The second half was a disgrace. The lads looked tired and as if they couldn't be bothered. I'm disgusted in the effort they showed in the second half. They obviously don't want fourth as badly as us supporters do.

Anyway, a promising season looks like it is going to shit. Oh the joy....

We need to beat Chelsea and hope Spurs slip up big time.

Season is all about the FA Cup. At least Spurs beat Fulham so 7th is still UEFA Cup unless Pompey make the final.

But it is typical Villa slipping up like this.

i though we played very well, gordon kept them in it time and again, plus the officials were shocking, it just wasnt to be, the lads gave there all.

also petrov has to be dropped why oh why wasnt he with delfousno at the end for an each roll in, the bloke is a liability and just does nothing all game.

on another night we would of had 3-4 goals. with city losing were still in it as spuds have the top 3 and cioty to go and will not pick up much points from there.

At least City lost...but then Everton are right on our arse, we really do make it hard.

People saying Sidwell **** up right at then end should look at Delf imo, he should have either hit it earlier or passed to sidwell who was running with him and open. Instead he just ran it into the 2 defenders for **** sake.

He's a breathe of fresh air from Heskey but people think he's some kind of God thats going to score a shit load of goals.

I want Gabby back, its only when he plays every game that people slate him, but when he's out we really miss him.

Ahhh frustrating.

We played well and had enough chances to win by 2 or 3.

Without Gabby we are not as good in front of goal, the Delfonuso looked lively but he's not going to power in and score one.

Bah, I hope we can get something from chelsea...

Dissappointing. At least Man City lost.

Only problem is that Everton are now snapping at our heals!

As I said after the Wolves game I feel we are far more likely to finish 8th than 4th.. sadly it looks more and more likely with each passing game :cry:

I think City losing makes the draw tonight harder to take. We have no one who can have an affect on games when we need it.

And didnt MON say towards end of feb was gonna have to rotate his team the next few weeks?! Who exactly has he rotated then?