• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Heskey
    • Delfouneso (for Heskey 14)
    • Sidwell (for Milner 77)

Didn't think we did enough to win the game. I know we had a few chances, but Sunderland controlled the game for long periods, particularly second half. Shite refereeing didn't help, how he missed the save from Gordon to tip it round the post from Carew's shot and gave a goal kick I'll never know.

Just hoping for 6/7th in the league now, considering we've got Chelsea away next.

hang on lads, tbh, we couldnt have done much more

How about not conceding a sloppy goal? How about putting our chances away? How about going for it in the second half? How about the players looking like they actually want to finish fourth? Gutless....

**** up again. crunch time of the season, couldn't take advantage. 2 points v sunderland and wolves is atrocious. UNBEATEN ALL YEAR, YEAAAAH. except about 235 draws there.

We will always finish top 10 under MoN. We will NEVER break top 5, let alone top 4 however.

Should we be satisfied with no plan B Ellisian " well at least we're not insert team slightly lower in the league"

To be honest I am starting to come to that opinion myself.

If it wasn't for Gordon we'd have won 3-1.

We didn't play badly, we just came up against some bad luck, and another clearing in the woods of a referee. Arms round, pulled to the ground, and it's not a penalty? **** off you cock.

wtf was petrov doing at the end? if petrov made that run i believe the ball would have ended up in the back of the net, instead he does a half soaked jog awaiting his next backwards pass.

other than that i thought we played quite well and there keeper kept them in the game. Young is back on form and big johns scoring, lets just hope totenham dont win tomorrow cuz if they do its bye bye 4th.

Sooooooooo bored of our seasons fizzling out. Not blaming the players, they really tried tonight, but tiredness, same team selections week in week out, no tactical changes to freshen anything up, just same old predictable stuff and a loss of 4 points in two games, which sees us now fighting for even 8th place as Everton are storming up the league.

2 home draws against wolves and sunderland is not good enough at all. going back to the start of jan in the last 10 league games weve drawn 7, and won 3. and burnley game aside (the worst defence in the league) we are struggling to consistently provide a goal threat.

the team selection was crazy- 3rd game in a week and you pick the same team again! dunne went off injured saturday- why not rest him as a precaution and put in a natural right back who is one of the better ones in the prem.

the team look tired, out of ideas. yet again they are been run into the ground by the lack of rotation and it is now catching up with us. and yet again when we come up against an organised team who sit a bit deeper we cannot break them down to get a win at home. that is not good enough considering the midfield cost 40 mil to put together

Very disappointing result and some pretty poor performances from Dunne and Warnock (who seems to have steadily gone downhill since starting off the season as a great acquisition).

Some excellent stuff from Ash (the cross for the goal was superb, really top notch) and some good stuff from Carew, too.

Could easily have won the game, should probably have won the game but at the same time Sunderland did often look dangerous (probably due mainly to the shaky games Dunne and Warnock were having).

Oh and that was some truly awful officiating.

the good:

Young - delivery was great all night and was a constant threat

Carew - held it up well, right place for the goal and worked hard

Delfouneso - pace, couple of nice passes and worked hard too

the bad:

Cuellar - usual complaint, zero distribution.

Dunne - obviously not 100%, didn't command as he usually does, couple of uncharacteristic dodgy moments too

Petrov - looker shatterd by the end, moreso than usual. he was just hoofing it away and throwing himself to ground for the last 10 minutes.

MON - same mistakes over and over again. cuellar at RB, starting with Carew and Heskey up front, not susbstituting tired players, not making an attacking substitution to try to win the game, no tactical changes to try to win the game.

Frustrating thing is we actually played quite well and for me the buck has to stop with the manager, this draw mentality is much more dangerous than a 'win or bust' mentality, I think we have the players to have won quite a few more games than we have done, it just won't happen if we continually play the brand of football that we are currently.

A decent first half but the second was as bad as you'll see in the Premiership - slow, long, uninventive...dull. Those who think it wasn't too bad must have seriously low standards.

Poor use of the squad/forward planning has once again caused us to run out of steam.

Some really poor play at times.

Brad: 7

Cuellar: 5

Dunne: 4

Collins: 6

Warnock: 4.5

Young: 7

Milner: 5

Petrov: 4

Downing: 4

Fonz: 6

Carew: 6.5

Why, oh why, do we insist on long balls that either go nowhere near a Villa shirt or give our players little opportunity to do anything with it. Fonz is clearly a good footballer but we didn't give him a chance most of the time. Arsene was flippin well right.

hang on lads, tbh, we couldnt have done much more

How about not conceding a sloppy goal? How about putting our chances away? How about going for it in the second half? How about the players looking like they actually want to finish fourth? Gutless....

so i guess the 3 point blank saves by gordon was poor finishing as all 3 were heading into the net, tonight was 1 of them nights, we did everything and deserved the 3 points.

tonight just prove petrov is wank, he gives the ball away to much and is miles behind the game, at the end he should of been on delfousno's shoulder.

im feed up of hearing about all this tiredness, he's paid 50-60k a week for that i'd play 7 days a week.

also if MoN needs anymore prove about heskey, then hopefully deflousno has shown that we have better on the bench then that donkey. also JC played very well again and if not for gordon's excellence would of had another hatrick.

I can't believe that people are writing us of for 4th, its ridiculous. We have played some blinding football at times in the last two games, we have come from behind to get a result and maintain our EXCELLENT undefeated run in the league. Tottenham have 4 point on us but still have to play Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U, Man city are only two points ahead of us and we still have to play them in the 37 game of the season, Liverpool are still poor.

Throw in the fact MON is prepared to play Albrighton and the Fonz as well as Delph to come in. Throw in the fact Chelsea are a little vulnerable right now I think we still have all to play for.

It not all doom and gloom, we need to be positive and back our fine team that play their heart out every week and the manager that inspires them to do so.

Outside of motivating a team playing poorly, what would people say O'Neill's strengths are?

The suggestion that MON has only one strength is quite ridiculous really. You're just disappointed which is fair enough.

Our season isn't over yet.