Phil Dowd Thread (Merged)

PompeyVillan

I am giving this forum a break for a week or two. Reason being, we should be PROUD of our club today, we only had two, maybe three players who have ever played in a cup final before and we didn't like 100 miles behind Manchester United. We had decisions go against us - really poor decisions, decisive.

We were having players booked for things Uniteds players were getting away with, they were kicking out at Petrov, Downing amongst others. We had offsides given that were clearly onside.

And yet we took the lead and we looked like a team on the way up.

We have so much - SO MUCH going for us and yet people want to complain and throw insults and moan and find bad points.

I am so proud as I know without decisions against us things could EASILY have gone the other way.

See you guys soon

VILLA FOREVER.

wasn't just the ref who was a total arse gravey. every decision the linesmen on both touchlines waited for the ref to point before raising their flag in agreement.

not getting that vital first decision obviously affected us psychologically.

The ref had little to do with this. The simple fact is that we were not good enough, MON has taken us as far as he can.

Edited... I won't get drawn in on such stupidity.

Good man, it is obvious to see where the rabble-rousing is coming from tonight.

wasn't just the ref who was a total arse gravey. every decision the linesmen on both touchlines waited for the ref to point before raising their flag in agreement.

not getting that vital first decision obviously affected us psychologically.

yeah, the officials didn't cover themselves in glory.

It's done now, we lost, boo hoo, next game.

but.... if the officials make it clear they are playing different rules for different teams over the majority of the first half it's bound to influence your style of play. They are allowed to tackle, we aren't. They should have 10 players, they have 11.

Ah well, MON's clever enough to use that to our advantage at the next Final.

Dowd was a **** disgrace. He didn't send Vidic off because it is Man Utd and in the 3rd or fourth minute of the game. Then he proceeds to book two of our players but not theirs for similar tackles. Utter garbage and an investigation should be served on him (not saying it cost us the game but it could well have been different either way).

I've not seen it since I got back, but I don't feel robbed. United with 10 would probably have proved harder to beat than 11, as we found out at Villa Park. So it wouldn't necessarily of made our job any easier. A few United chellenges did go unpunished, whereas similar tackles made by our players got a yellow. Think it was in the first half when Downing took down Park - yellow. Straight up the other end, Carrikc takes down Heskey, free-kick, no card.

That was an easy win for them today, could have been more, we rarely threatened.

I don't suppose it's possible to make a complaint to the FA on their website because if it is every single one of us should write in and **** this useless fat bottling shit off to the championship and below.

That was an easy win for them today, could have been more, we rarely threatened

Milner shot first half, Dunne diving header second half, Heskey or Collins header that their keeper saved late on? We played well today but were beaten by a better side (as they are near the top of the league).

Haven't seen the replay yet but how does what happened today differ from Samba getting sent off in the Semi - I'm sure Big Sam would have been delighted to have seen a pen awarded and no cards being given that night, being 2-1 up at the time ...

It's not the first time Vidic has got away scott free against us, I seem to remember him pulling Gabby down in front of the Holte last season when he was last man, we didn't get anything that day so maybe we should be grateful we got the penalty. :notsure:

I am proud of the lads: Not so much today as i felt many of our more experienced players had a below average day but this post is not to slate anybody!! Rather to acknowledge that we are definitely a team on the up & for me a top class midfielder & striker away from having a pop at titles in the next year or 2!!

As for Phil Dowd?!! :shock:

What oh what was going on there?

I have posted many many posts on here & other sites regarding the FA's "Top 4-a-thon" as well as Fifa's game & tournament manipulation tactics. You know? The one's for example like...lets say....the game in Italy hits the ropes for .. as it happens..... match rigging allegations being PROVED.......Then half their top sides being fined, docked points & relegated....Fifa,in my humble opinion see all this & think..."oh dear, one of our major footballing nations has got real trouble.... crowds are turning away in their droves & are all up in arms we could see the collapse of the game over there!!! That means XXXX less in the coffers this year what do we do?!!!!!!................. Then.... as it happens... They (Italy) get "gifted" game after game by shocking decisions from the officials (employed by & designated by FIFA don't forget) on their way to winning the World cup?! the year after!!...... Game over there recovers.... everyone's happy!! ..

I am not saying it is anywhere near as bad over here mind you, just "nearly" as bad!

This is why FIFA, UEFA & the FA point blank refuse to have video replays as they would lose this "control". Why else? The technology is there already after all & has even been used successfully in many other sports for many years.. Cricket, American football etc. The only argument would be the delay & disruption in the flow of the game but would that really be an issue?.... I think not. . ... Bear in mind we are talking about "Key" decisions only. So if a Ref awards a penalty, a goal or sends someone off or has a decision which could result in a sending off al la in today's game.. (you would surely imagine that these would be the key decisions in question?!)......The play is already broken up & it takes a couple of minutes to 1. Stop the arguments & surrounding of the Ref from the players. ...2. To set up the penalty or get the wall set up etc..etc.. So there is a delay in play ANYWAY!!

So for me each manager should have 3 yellow flags which they can use to request an independent video replay. Surely if anything it would add an extra dimension to events which could actually be really good fun?

One thing is for certain Villa would have played for 85 mins against 10 men & would most likely be holding the Carling cup now had this been the case today!!

Instead we must now look to Reading away & the even more desirable............................... FA cup!!!

Yes, as someone has said. The reason why he wasn't sent off was because he was trying to get past the player rather than being tackled clean through.

How many times do you see a play red-carded for simply a tackle. I.e had Owen knocked the ball round Collins into a more central space. Collins wouldn't of been sent off at all.

It should have been a booking but it's the fact Agbonlahor tried to go around him rather than was tackled when actaully past Vidic if that makes sense.

I am quite sure the penalty was given for the shirt pulling and not the tackle itself. As such would Vidic need to pull Gabby's shirt if he was in front of him? No, obviously he was pulling Gabby so he could get in front of him.

He pulled the shirt and mis-timed the tackle, he was the last defender, he certainly blocked a goal scoring opportunity (Gabby was the only Villa player in the box, the shot was obvious) it was a blatant red card.

Phil Dowd can go suck a donkeys dick and choke on the copius amounts of semen for being such a top 4 fondling ponce.

I can safely say that this absolute **** of a referee obviously wanted Manure to win. He couldn't wait to blow the final whistle at the end, and blew at 93:53 or something when 4 minutes of added time was given.

And I thought referees normally played MORE than the time given, especially when it's a close game? Oh yah, Manure was the one leading, silly me. **** OFFF **** REF!!! :evil: :angry:

Dowd was a **** disgrace. He didn't send Vidic off because it is Man Utd and in the 3rd or fourth minute of the game. Then he proceeds to book two of our players but not theirs for similar tackles. Utter garbage and an investigation should be served on him (not saying it cost us the game but it could well have been different either way).

Agree

Not to bothered about the non red card for Vidic. But thought his performance throughout the rest was poor - He booked downing early on,for his first challenge, then 30 seconds later - Dowd was seen on the big screen saying to Raphael 'thats two bad tackles - one more your in the book' ....WTF

Then in stoppage time - Gabby was flagged OS - and the game stopped,when the ball was never played to him....WTF

You know we was robbed when every neutral and a lot of Manure fans say it should of been Red as is on the BBC 606 debate.

Just because it was a red doesnt mean we were robbed. We wouldn't necessarily have gone on to win and its often more difficult to play again 10 men, as we found out as gainst them at Villa Park in the league a few weeks back.

It was too easy for United, we very rarely looked threatening.

He booked downing early on,for his first challenge, then 30 seconds later - Dowd was seen on the big screen saying to Raphael 'thats two bad tackles - one more your in the book' ....WTF

And Collins before that. That pantomime was hilarious(in a bad way). Rafael did two bad tackles in 30secs or something and that tit has the gall to do that after flashing two yellows for pretty innocuous challenges.

Just got back....great day with all NW Villains.... Just the result that spoilt it!

Thought we played really well today in patches....

Can't add much more to what's bin said already to the ridiculoud decision to award a Penalty yet NOT straight red!!

Dowd should hang his head in shame........

It wasn't just not sending Vidic off or even booking him.......It was the fact that he then started booking Villa players for nothing hardly

while allowing Man Utd players to get away with identical tackles/offences with abandon...

I thought that was just as bad on Dowd because our players then started to back off scared of being sent off for 2nd bookable offences.

Thought Petrov & Gabby in particular were great today.

Rooney made the difference....he's outstanding.....

Bit gutted ...but nevertheless proud of the players....Proud of the club today... and proud of the fans!

Our support today was just brilliant

"Are you Norwich in disguise??|!!"

:)

Â