Phil Dowd Thread (Merged)

PompeyVillan

cuellar messing up for their first goal

It was Dunne who lost the ball to Berbatov. Dunne did the unusual mistake that cost a goal.

nope cuellar is the one who while under no pressure on the right with the ball at his feat under total control with no utd player anywhere near him decided to turn back and pass it to a utd player, the ball then went to the other side of the pitch where the dunne mistake happened. cuellar was the one for me who made the mess up.

It was Dunne who lost the ball to Berbatov. Dunne did the unusual mistake that cost a goal.

nope cuellar is the one who while under no pressure on the right with the ball at his feat under total control with no utd player anywhere near him decided to turn back and pass it to a utd player, the ball then went to the other side of the pitch where the dunne mistake happened. cuellar was the one for me who made the mess up.

wrong it was a clearance from their keeper straight to dunne who had all the time in the world but made a hash of it. he was actually unlucky in the end because he got back and made a great challenge, unfortunatly the ball fell perfectly for owen.

Don't really think you can use that logic mate, although I agree he didn't have the best of games. Really gutted, cause thought we had started so well, but just got a little scared after they scored there goal. Had to take as well with 'that decission'! Hopefully it'll give us that extra dessire to succeed in the fa/league!

wrong it was a clearance from their keeper straight to dunne who had all the time in the world but made a hash of it. he was actually unlucky in the end because he got back and made a great challenge, unfortunatly the ball fell perfectly for owen.

Correct.

But Cuellar made a mistake six weeks ago that stuck in Dunnes mind and he had a flashback and lost concentration and was robbed by Berbatov.

Cuellar also caused the earthquake in Chile

it was an obvious red and i think perhaps it could have made a difference. man u would have lost there best CB for 85 minutes leaving them with evans and neville/carrick/brown back there. i suspect we might have had more joy lumping balls into the box against them, but thats just a guess

to not even give him a yellow was more shocking, and added to the yellow he got for a cynical kick on gabby in the 2nd man u should have been down to 10 at some point.

booking downing but then not booking carrick for the same thing, and letting rafael get away with 2 bad fouls in a minute was also a disgrace. even the commentators were saying it was wrong!

I refuse to go down the sour grapes route but I can't understand why Vidic didn't even get a talking to for the penalty.

As for Cuellar, it was Dunne and Collins who both also fecked up to cost us the goals today. They all make mistakes but he's been generally sound for us this season. That said, I would have played Young at right back.

The ref had little to do with this. The simple fact is that we were not good enough, MON has taken us as far as he can.

This has absolutely nothing to do with MON or tactics or how far MON can take us. If you'd read the thread you'd realise that this is a thread criticising Dowd's terrible performance and the lack of a red card for Vidic.

It had a significant impact on the game, but it's not the only factor in our loss. Nobody is saying that.

The ref had little to do with this. The simple fact is that we were not good enough, MON has taken us as far as he can.

I disagree

The ref was atrocious but we can't blame refereeing mistakes for that pisspoor effort. I can't see how any of the players can get more than 6/10 for that showing, and where should the blame lie - MON! His poor selection, favouritism and lack of tactical nous will never take us any higher than this.

I just hope to god we can pick ourselves up, we haven't had our annual slump yet!

I disagree

I strongly disagree. Our first final for years, 6th twice etc.

We are where we are at the moment because we need to continue investing in the squad. MON is getting rid of the years of dross we've witnessed under previous managers. We are in the toughest league in the world and doing well. Two games in hand against those just above us with easier games to play. A semi final against Reading to come next week. MON has only just started when you compare him to Man Utd or Chelsea.

2m454d3.png

**** right off, mon is only getting started, we have advanced every year, mon is the best thing that has happened to villa,. fact. clearly people like you dont remember the bad days

Only getting started? He's been here for coming on 4 years!

Â