Phil Dowd Thread (Merged)

PompeyVillan

The ref had little to do with this. The simple fact is that we were not good enough, MON has taken us as far as he can.

for todays game it was the be all and end all of game changing moments.

10 players for 85 minutes and a goal down.

it effects everything man utd had planned including subs, formation and tactics.

to say the ref was little to do with the defeat is just as bizarre as the decisions 'red phil' was making.

2m454d3.png

**** right off, mon is only getting started, we have advanced every year, mon is the best thing that has happened to villa,. fact. clearly people like you dont remember the bad days

Only getting started? He's been here for coming on 4 years!

Look at the opposition we played today. Suprisingly, the two must successful teams in the last 15 years in English football have had the same manager throughout.

2m454d3.png

**** right off, mon is only getting started, we have advanced every year, mon is the best thing that has happened to villa,. fact. clearly people like you dont remember the bad days

Only getting started? He's been here for coming on 4 years!

yeah, were well in the race for champos, and fa cup still on the cards.. im notsaying hes invincible but for what hes done for us so far i think its crazy to be condeming him at this stage

What narked me was that there was no urgency, so predictable, we kept giving the ball away, too many mistakes does not make a top side.

Fine you can blame the ref for all sorts of things, I personally think the clearing in the woods should be sacked, but we should have had more in the tank than to sit back on 1-1 and hope for the best...

yeah, were well in the race for champos, and fa cup still on the cards.. im notsaying hes invincible but for what hes done for us so far i think its crazy to be condeming him at this stage

especially when you consider that had dunnes header in the last minute gone in and we subsequently went on to nick it on penalties then he would have been hailed a genius and the best manager in living memory...

We had even possesion so I doubt we gave the ball away as much as you say.

and Rico, what gives you the right to call O'Neill a clearing in the woods when clearly he's done alot for this club. JUST LOOK WHERE WE ARE. IN A FINAL, I NA QUARTER FINAL AND IN A RACE FOR 4TH.

Thats what I called the ref, not MON.

Edited by NV. Calm it down RICO...

What narked me was that there was no urgency, so predictable, we kept giving the ball away, too many mistakes does not make a top side.

Fine you can blame the ref for all sorts of things, I personally think the clearing in the woods should be sacked, but we should have had more in the tank than to sit back on 1-1 and hope for the best...

look, im not a brummie, well not geographically speaking, although i am at heart, \(both parents,from birmingham).. but how can you rationalize mon being sacked... where were we 5 years ago

look, im not a brummie, well not geographically speaking, although i am at heart, \(both parents,from birmingham).. but how can you rationalize mon being sacked... where were we 5 years ago

I meant the ref....

Edited again. Calm it - NV

especially when you consider that had dunnes header in the last minute gone in and we subsequently went on to nick it on penalties then he would have been hailed a genius and the best manager in living memory...

i doubt it, most fans have enough common sense to know see when something needs changing. they dont have a reputation to keep or need to be stubborn or have to keep certain players happy, they just see it how it is.

if dunnes header had gone in and we had won then people ( apart from dwod who would probably have lost lots of bung money)would be happy with the result but i very much doubt he would be hailed a genius , the errors and weaknesses are still there, a win doesnt disguise the fact things can be better.

A usual performance from a top-4 certified referee, not surprising at all. Laughable when he gives Collins and Downing bookings while Vidic and i think it was Carrick who tripped Heskey? getting away with a little word from Dowd.

People talk about Agbonlahor miscontrolling the ball and getting to much out of angle to get Vidic sent off. I think the reason for his poor touch was him being pulled in the shirt, which in itself should have lead to a red and a penalty.

Wasn't it last season when Agbonlahor where through on goal coming in to the penalty area from the left, Vidic tripped him and no foul, nothing, should have been a straight red. Same story today. To big of a decision to make sending of a Man U player.

I meant the ref....

Edited again. Calm it - NV

Edited by NV - the same goes for you. Let's calm things down a bit or there will be a few people getting the night off.

Cheers!

Dowd was an absolute joke, vidic should have gone, it was a goal scoring opportunity and vidic was the last man, doesnt make any difference whether vidic was behind or along side him, he stopped him having a shot on goal. Even if he didnt give him a red he should have had a yellow, this nobody can disagree with especially while comparing it to the yellow vidic got in the 2nd half.Dowd was just awful all the way through the game and I hope we never have the misfortune of having this fat miserable looking kunt reffing for us ever again, hes a disgrace to to football and should get a thorough rollicking for this performance.

But I felt we gave utd a good game, we were'nt our best but neither were man u, but i feel it was a close game to call. Just wish rooney hadnt scored with his bloody head as im sick to death of the rooney media wankfest. I bet he'll be utterly useless when in south africa. Anyway we are stil up there for 4th and 2 games away from another final so up the villa!

Â