The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Shillzz could you tell me what features you are worried about missing of you leave the iphone?

It's interesting what makes you want to stay with the iphone so much you'd like pick up a refurb 4S just to stay with iOS. I understand that when many people bought their previous iphone it was a 3GS or 4 when iphones were still cutting edge or even leading the pack.

But now the criticism is mounting, iOS is aging and the iphone is most certainly over priced.

Will you be losing any key feature by moving to android? Most certainly not. Also it's hard to explain the new features Android has without someone showing you a modern phone.

I think people should try something else, if you've already used an iphone for a few years you should have no problem with another phone os.

You won't know what you like if you never try it.

To be honest, I just hate technology, we never get on.

I plug my iphone into my macbook, it gets updated with the music i've purchased and vice versa. Then I'm on my way with no hassle.

It synchronises with no effort, the phone and computer both update without any real effort and I know everything is kosher in Apple land.

As soon as I leave Apple world, i get bothered with installations, folders and all kinds of other crap which I WILL lose interest in after the first 5 minutes.

That said, I shall probably get an S3 and then screw it up.

Shillzz that was the case 2/3 years ago. But not the case now, in fact I'd say Android with Samsung touchwiz is easier to manage as there is no need for cables.

Sync all your music over wifi with your phone. Have all your photos sync to 50gb cloud storage from your phone. Have your phone updates pushed to your phone over the air.

What email do you use? Hotmail, Gmail?

Sounds good to me...

I'm pretty much sold on the idea of getting an S3, even if it's only just about comparable to the new iphone then the prices of each make it a no brainer. I use Gmail, which I assume will work nicely with Android.

Time for a change!

Well if you use Gmail you have to try out Android. It's integration with gmail is one of its biggest benefits.

The S3 has removable battery so as the battery is getting older and losing its charge you can go buy a new one or two and always have a charged spare on your hands if you need it. They're only 15 quid.

You can get new unlocked S3 on amazon for 400 quid. Then ebay your old iphone. I believe this method is better than getting a contract as giffgaff is so cheap compared to O2 and Vodafone.

people who've used the iphone for a few years have moved on to the more feature rich Android OS. Mainly due to curiosity and trying something new, but also it's become harder to defend Apples prices, stubborness to change it's dated iOS and even it's phone design.

So the result is fewer experienced iPhone users staying with the iPhone, and the majority of users being either new adopters or of course women (who don't post on here), especially as the latest iPhone is all glitz and glamor. To many women the usability and features of a phone matter little, the iPhone is a fashion accessory the same way a handbag is.

But it seems making a phone purchase based on the same logic and criteria one would make any other purchase is leading many to make the decision to buy a different phone. It's a great thing if it continues, hopefully it'll lead to the growth of Windows Phone as we need a strong 3rd competitor platform. But also if Apple take a knock, it'll be like a kick up the ass. Then they wouldn't play it all safe and they'd go redesign their poor iOS and modernise it. That'd be exciting.

Firstly to see Apples spell over many people lose it's hold resulting in more logical and especially informed purchase decisions. So the result being the iPhone dropping to competitive prices like their Macbook line and even the iPad. But also to see innovation again from Apple, after all the original iPhone itself was a superb piece of innovation.

The Microsoft analogy is a good one, they took their place at the top for granted and got lazy putting out iterative and pretty much the same or inferior OS from windows 98/XP era onwards. They fell off the wagon and now they're back trying their asses of to make something exciting and new in Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. It's great.

I want the same thing to happen to Apple. As if people keep buying their stuff blindly, we'll be stuck in a stagnant tech world again where people are happy to use the same iOS for how long? As long as Windows 98-Windows 7? 10 years??

No thanks.

I still think they're unparalelled in terms of user experience.

No offence, but what frame of reference do you have to say that? It's just rhetoric, Apple rhetoric. You've never had an Android or Windows Phone device. I imagine you haven't used either for much time.

Â