FAC: Palace a Match Thread 2010/02/14 15:45

limpid

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh give it a rest Jez. And yeah he has actually, he started against Blackburn; 26th September. And he started our first game of the season against Wigan along with numerous starts in cup games.

three starts in 25 is hardly a good way to highlight a policy of squad rotation though is it?

Were aren't Chelsea or Man Utd we don't have a squad rotation policy, we have a first team and players on the fringe of it who we use as and when. As such I think 3 starts in 25 reflects this given the form of those ahead of Delph in the pecking order and his age and inexperience.

Oh give it a rest Jez. And yeah he has actually, he started against Blackburn; 26th September. And he started our first game of the season against Wigan along with numerous starts in cup games.

three starts in 25 is hardly a good way to highlight a policy of squad rotation though is it?

Were aren't Chelsea or Man Utd we don't have a squad rotation policy, we have a first team and players on the fringe of it who we use as and when. As such I think 3 starts in 25 reflects this given the form of those ahead of Delph in the pecking order and his age and inexperience.

You are right we don't so why did MO'N go out and mention the need to utilise squad rotation prior to the Xmas run up only to keep playing the same players to the point of exhaustion?

You are right we don't so why did MO'N go out and mention the need to utilise squad rotation prior to the Xmas run up only to keep playing the same players to the point of exhaustion?

I don't know I'm not O'Neill but there is no point talking about squad rotation systems when in reality we don't opperate one.

In regards to using squad rotation we have done so to an extent in cup games since Christmas against Blackburn while in defence we have made some small changes here and there.

Up front we simply don't have the options to make changes while in midfield against Utd he brought Delph in so I would argue he has made changes or some changes since Christmas.

We aren't though Man Utd or Chelsea and we simply can't go into league games resting the likes of Petrov, Milner or Gabby and there is no point pretending otherwise.

no - what he does is wait for an easy fixture - like a cup match for example - and plays a reserve team against inferior opposition. which sometimes works and sometimes gets you knocked out.

I suggest you take a look at todays team.

as i said two pages back, a squad rotation policy would have meant playing beye occassionally and not all three of cuellar, dunne and collins for every game they are fit for. for example.

So you agree we don't have a rotation policy... oh by the way Cuellar is on the bench today as one of a couple of changes.

that is how man u and chelsea manage to keep things fresh without knackering their players or running the risk of overly weakening the team.

And as I've said we aren't Man Utd or Chelsea and we don't opporate in the same way or have the same depths so don't expect the same approach.