FAC: Palace a Match Thread 2010/02/14 15:45

limpid

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friedel???

Big Guy. Bald. Stands at the back wearing gloves.

8)

I'm excited

Why? Are big bald guys in gloves standing behind you your thing? :winkold:

I think I'll go back to bed. I can't take any more of this stick

Don't like forum posts, do you? :D

no - what he does is wait for an easy fixture - like a cup match for example - and plays a reserve team against inferior opposition. which sometimes works and sometimes gets you knocked out.

I suggest you take a look at todays team.

as i said two pages back, a squad rotation policy would have meant playing beye occassionally and not all three of cuellar, dunne and collins for every game they are fit for. for example.

So you agree we don't have a rotation policy... oh by the way Cuellar is on the bench today as one of a couple of changes.

that is how man u and chelsea manage to keep things fresh without knackering their players or running the risk of overly weakening the team.

And as I've said we aren't Man Utd or Chelsea and we don't opporate in the same way or have the same depths so don't expect the same approach.

for your first reply - i would refer you to our fantastic uefa cup run this season.

secondly - the original post that sparked this debate was in reference to rotation for league matches.

i agree we dont have a squad rotation policy - despite the manager suggesting the contrary. no one would be talking about it if mon hadnt said that he would use his squad.

finally - we arent chelsea or man, i am fully aware, but not doing something doesnt mean we arent able to. cuellar, dunne and collins are all three very capable centre halves and any two of them could do the job - especially at home against just about any team in the lower 14 of the prem. beye is also a very good full back as he proved against liverpool - so we DO have the players to allow us to rotate. not all over the pitch i admit, but for certain areas.

delph played against man utd because heskey was injured. you dont change your formation just because you want to rotate the players a bit. delph played because carew is a waste of space, heskey was out injured and it wasnt the game to be chucking the fonz in.

rotating a squad is what allows you to use your big players right the way through a season, NOT just have back up for them when they are all sha99ed out come march.