Vidic

Fabio

Valencia

Gibson

Anderson

Park

Owen

Berbatov

Rooney has to have a rest sometime whether he wants to or not. The only reason they had such a strong team in the semis was because it was City.

Anderson won't be playing anyway as he's out for the season.

:lol: typical united 'fan'!

What, no Ronaldo?! :cry:

Man Utd: Foster, O’Shea (Vidic 76), Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Ronaldo, Scholes, Gibson (Giggs 91), Nani, Tevez, Welbeck (Anderson 56).

That was the Man Utd team against tottenham last year.

Obviously O'shea, Ferdinand, Ronaldo, Nani, Tevez and Welbeck won't be playing. Hopefully Darrren Gibson plays because from the little I have saw of him he seems like a very average player but 1 in 10 of his shots go in.

Tactics, anyone? Anything special you think we need to do to win the game?

Obviously the danger man for Utd is Rooney, so Dunne will just have to deal with him as he usually does. The guy I'm worried about is Valencia. Warnock hasn't been in the greatest form since being injured, and Valencia is quietly putting together a fantastic season. Some of his crosses remind me of Beckham, he's a crossing machine. I really think he's been a massive part of Rooney's good form, and needs to be shut down.

Everton apparently put two men on him, and it worked pretty well, although Rooney was typically poor against them as he often is. Still, whichever of our wingers is on that side will need to help Warnock out, or I can see him being burned by one or two crosses. That's all Rooney needs at the moment.

Not scared by Utd's midfield at all, and fancy Petrov and Milner to get amongst them and get on top. Hoping Gibson plays.

And if it's Vidic and Evans, then we have to play those balls in the channels to gabby and behind the defence for ashley. Basically, you know, our usual plan. Evans has looked like a baby deer over the last month. There's goals to be had here.

Lastly, we've two great wingers who can play both sides. I wouldn't be surprised to see us dictate our play towards the side that Evra isn't on, as the guy is properly world-class. If it's neville or rafael, either downing or ash should have a field day. It'll probably be downing vs rafael (right? not sure) so we need downing to step up and be willing to take on his man.

So excited for this game now, I really think we've a great chance. What really blows my mind is that unlike most seasons, we could lose a cup final and still have everything to play for - 4th and a winnable FA Cup. How good is this season?

Up the Villa!

Freidel

L.Young

Cuellar

Dunne

Warnock

A.Young

Petrov

Milner

Downing

Heskey

Gabby.

Untied's weakness will be Rafael as he is poor defensively. If Rooney is rested I think we'll win, if not ....

We'll still win just by less. C'MON VILLA!

“I am thinking about the younger ones to give them that smell [of success]. There are two or three that come into that category, like [Darron] Gibson, [Jonny] Evans and Rafael,” he said. “They obviously have to be considered. But it would be nice to win the cup having got to Wembley and got through those semi-final ties against Manchester City. You want to get to the final and do well.” Sir Alex Ferguson

I reckon he's talking bollocks though!

Freidel

L.Young

Cuellar

Dunne

Warnock

A.Young

Petrov

Milner

Downing

Heskey

Gabby.

Untied's weakness will be Rafael as he is poor defensively. If Rooney is rested I think we'll win, if not ...

We'll still win just by less. C'MON VILLA!

No way is Rooney going to be rested. Stop dreaming

The last 2 years the holders have reached the final and lost :nod:

also..

We have won our last 3 League Cup games against Man U ('99, '92 & '94)

and..

Man U have played at the new Wembley six times and haven't won a game without a penalty shoot out

We're gonna win it in normal time!! 1-0!

It is going to be one hell of an occasion! I swear never to call the Carling Cup a Mickey Mouse Cup again... as reaching the final has meant a lot to us, and to me! Really cannot wait for Sunday now, just the small matter of work tomorrow then Wembley here I come! I fancy us to do it, United will be weakened with some first teamers still in the 11. Rooney will play, i'm pretty sure of that, he won't want to miss this final after missing last years. I'm going with:

Friedel

Cuellar

Collins

Dunne

Warnock

Young

Milner

Petrov

Downing

Gabby

Heskey

Predictable line-up I think, and one that has serving us well recently!