LC: Final vs Man Utd Match Thread 2010/02/28 15:00

limpid

Is anyone getting nervous now?

For me it as that point where the realisation is there that come Sunday evening I'll either be elated or disappointed (or at least philosophical saying "typical Villa"). In the early rounds of both cups you dare to imagine winning it and are normally disappointed when we lose somewhere along the way, now it is down to 2, we get our big day out and dare to dream about Petrov lifting the trophy.

Not feeling to nervous at the moment. Think about the game most nights before I go to mind! It will be a really tough match and I think I'm less nervous, possibly because I'm not expecting us to win. We're not throwing anything anyway.

I just hope we put in a really good performance and hopefully that will be enough.

Up till last night i was able to push it to the back of my mind! now its all im thinking of! Will be a great weekend just hope the result tops it off nicely! pretty sure MON will go with Friedel Cuellar Collins Dunne Warnock Downing Ash Petrov Milner Heskey and Gabbi. Would personnally like to see Young at full back with either Collins or Cuellar centre half.

Friedel

Young Cuellar Dunne Warnock

Downing Milner Petrov Young

Heskey Agbonlahor

IMO our best 11

This is what i'd like to see but i'm fairly certain Collins will come in for Young and Cuellar will play right back.

I don't expect to get a wink of sleep on Saturday night owing to nervous energy, wish i was going down on the saturday night now, a sober night in the midlands is going to be a restless one!

Tickets just dropped into my hand. Beautiful.

I'd like to see:

Friedel

Young Collins Dunne Warnock

Young Milner Petrov Downing

Heskey Agbonlahor

Harsh on Cuellar after a great season, Guzan after a great cup run and Carew after a good performance last night but I think it's our best team for this match.

I might have posted my squad earlier in the thread but now we are nearer the game I would go with:

GK Friedel

RB L.Young

CB Dunne

CB Cuellar

LB Warnock

RM A.Young

CM Milner

CM Petrov ©

CM Delph

LM Downing

CF Gabby

Subs: Guzan, Collins, Beye, Sidwell, Albrighton, Heskey, Carew.

Harsh on Delfouneso and also on Davies but I feel that bringing Heskey and/or Carew on sometime during the second half could change the way the game is going. Even though we all know he will play 4-4-2 leaving Delph on the bench and starting Heskey up front. I also think, wrongly, that he will start Collins pushing Cuellar out to right back, as MON seems to prefer him to L.Young. Carlos will get ripped apart at right back... He is a great centre-half but L.Young should be the one in the right back slot.

Carlos will get ripped apart at right back... He is a great centre-half but L.Young should be the one in the right back slot.

United have no one to rip him apart though, Giggs and Nani are out.

Still leaves Park and Valencia who are more than decent.

Doesn't mean they will rip Carlos apart but its not really accurate to say they have no ability out wide without Giggs and Nani.