LC: Final vs Man Utd Match Thread 2010/02/28 15:00

limpid

The way I look at it.

You can go to Wembley , be tense and worried, win , and you have a good day.

You can go to Wembley , tense and worried, lose, and you've had a shit day.

You can go to Wembley, and just enjoy the day, and worry about whether you've won or lost afterwards.

And I.m taking the third option !!!

If we win, we win, if we lose , we lose - but I'm gonna have a bloody good weekend out of it !!.

For the Bolton and Chelsea game we went to a Weatherspoons in Harrow on the Hill (2 tube stops from Wembley) it was a great atmosphere - probably do the same - anyone else go there ?

Third option for me too, it's going to be two days on the piss singing my heart out for the Villa and having a bloody good time regardless of the result. That said we can beat them, we have beat them this season and i think we will beat them in the final.

31 days till Wembley!

I got the impression Man Utd's main aim was to block City getting to the final, it's always possible that for one or two of their players the work has been done and they will notch back a little. It's possible, but it's not a big factor. It depends far far more on which Aston Villa turns up.

Perfectly winnable.

I don't fancy our chances TBH.

I know we were underdogs in 1994, but we had a world class defender and a world class striker (McGrath and Yorke). Now we have neither.

:(

York was on the bench in 94 and apart from up front we have a much better team :winkold:

I always go wil the 3rd option from the above post but if anybody wants to sit crying over getting tickets, getting the view they want and even already losing! go ahead but it wont feel nice though its fun to watch :lol:

The way I look at it.

You can go to Wembley , be tense and worried, win , and you have a good day.

You can go to Wembley , tense and worried, lose, and you've had a shit day.

You can go to Wembley, and just enjoy the day, and worry about whether you've won or lost afterwards.

And I.m taking the third option !!!

If we win, we win, if we lose , we lose - but I'm gonna have a bloody good weekend out of it !!.

And herein lies the whole point ..win or lose, sing yer hearts out, support the villa and just......ENJOY YOURSELF!! :cheers:

Good Ol Rio, he keeps contesting the Ban he got against Hull and the ban keeps increasing.

It has already been increased to 4 games from 5 and he may contest it again, risking an extra games ban that would rule him out the final.

Go on Ferdi....fight your corner son!

here!

Was just looking at an email from the club regarding Wembley merchandise, and a plastic Manc who I work with popped up behind me and commented, "Oh getting a Cup Final shirt are you? Mind you don't get to finals very often do you?" To which I replied, "well you don't get to the matches full stop do you?" Then followed up with, "now sit down you plastic!"

1 - 0 to the Villa boys already!!

Was just looking at an email from the club regarding Wembley merchandise, and a plastic Manc who I work with popped up behind me and commented, "Oh getting a Cup Final shirt are you? Mind you don't get to finals very often do you?" To which I replied, "well you don't get to the matches full stop do you?" Then followed up with, "now sit down you plastic!"

1 - 0 to the Villa boys already!!

I had a similar thing, my response was 'ive been to wembley more times than you've been to old trafford!'

Do United have a champions league clash between the final?

No mate.....1st leg is 16th Feb and 2nd leg is 10th March.... their next game after the Cup Final is the following Saturday against the Wolves.

also...... the referee has been confirmed for the final........PHIL DOWD :x

http://www.football-league.co.uk/carlingcup/news/20100201/officials-named-for-carling-cup-final_2245684_1952090

Do United have a champions league clash between the final?

No mate.....1st leg is 16th Feb and 2nd leg is 10th March.... their next game after the Cup Final is the following Saturday against the Wolves.

also...... the referee has been confirmed for the final........PHIL DOWD :x

http://www.football-league.co.uk/carlingcup/news/20100201/officials-named-for-carling-cup-final_2245684_1952090

Could be worse, could be Lee Probert.

Alan Wiley should get the job in my opinion, one of the better refs.

Even if Vidic plays I can't see him being fully fit, he's hardly kicked a ball this year. Giggs will be a big miss for them.

I can see MON resting quite a few players next 2 games, where as Man U have 3 massive games before the final.