LC: Final vs Man Utd Match Thread 2010/02/28 15:00

limpid

Carlos will get ripped apart at right back... He is a great centre-half but L.Young should be the one in the right back slot.

United have no one to rip him apart though, Giggs and Nani are out.

Still leaves Park and Valencia who are more than decent.

Doesn't mean they will rip Carlos apart but its not really accurate to say they have no ability out wide without Giggs and Nani.

Yes, but rip apart is a massive exaggeration. Park rips nobody apart, good player, hard worker but not a tricky winger. And I can't remember Valencia every leaving the right side.

Actually Evra is the biggest threat.

Carlos will get ripped apart at right back... He is a great centre-half but L.Young should be the one in the right back slot.

Doesn't mean they will rip Carlos apart but its not really accurate to say they have no ability out wide without Giggs and Nani.

valencia can't play on the left so most likely it'll be park vs cuellar and valencia vs warnock (its this matchup im more worried about). he was dangerous against us at OT

I have a ticket finally after trying all kinds of avenues for a while now. The only problem is it is an £86 ticket in the Manchester end.

Anyone have any ideas of how I could swap it?

My ideas are:

Post this on a few Man United fan forums and see if anyone is in the same boat as me, and swap on the day.

Try swapping with a tout, and even swap for a cheaper ticket say £54 if needs be.

I was wondering who's tickets would be most in demand from the touts? Ours as we haven't been there for ages or them as they have a much bigger fan base although this is a small time comp for them and they get to wembley at lest once pretty much once every year!!

From my United supporting friend.

Yeah Rooney is on fire.

Yep, he will defo start. He loves playing, end of.

I reckon he will play......

Foster

Raphael/Brown

Evans

Vidic

Evra

Valencia

Gibson

Fletcher

Park

Berb/Owen

Wazza

You never know though. Oberton may feature, but we have no other options for the wing really apart from Valencia and Park. Midfield, he has many options. Scholes, Carrick didnt even mention below. Diouf may start?? You never know with SAF, as he does like to mix it up for this competition.

From my United supporting friend.

Yeah Rooney is on fire.

Yep, he will defo start. He loves playing, end of.

I reckon he will play......

Foster

Raphael/Brown

Evans

Vidic

Evra

Valencia

Gibson

Fletcher

Park

Berb/Owen

Wazza

You never know though. Oberton may feature, but we have no other options for the wing really apart from Valencia and Park. Midfield, he has many options. Scholes, Carrick didnt even mention below. Diouf may start?? You never know with SAF, as he does like to mix it up for this competition.

My mate Man Utd supporting mate reckons:

Kusczack

Rafael/Neville

Brown

Vidic

Fabio

Valencia

Gibson

Anderson

Park

Owen

Berbatov

Rooney has to have a rest sometime whether he wants to or not. The only reason they had such a strong team in the semis was because it was City.

Yes, but rip apart is a massive exaggeration. Park rips nobody apart, good player, hard worker but not a tricky winger. And I can't remember Valencia every leaving the right side.

Actually Evra is the biggest threat.

Cuellar may have his limitations going forward but no-one is going to 'rip him apart' at right back. Defensively, he's been fanatstic there. In fact i think he's improved his ball play a fair bit as well, and let's be honest, Luke Young is no Roberto Carlos going forward. Last season, I wasn't but this season I'm quite happy with him there.

Kusczack

Rafael/Neville

Brown

Vidic

Fabio

Valencia

Gibson

Anderson

Park

Owen

Berbatov

Rooney has to have a rest sometime whether he wants to or not. The only reason they had such a strong team in the semis was because it was City.

Anderson won't be playing anyway as he's out for the season.

Last two games Dunny did a cracking job keeping Rooney at bay, I'd expect much the same in the final as for Evra, I think Ashley Young was too much for him to handle in the last game and as a result we saw little of Evra going forward.

I think they were evenly matched. Evra can handle Ashley, not easily, but he can handle him.

I got a feeling Guzan will be benched for this (which is maybe a bit harsh)

I would personally play 4-5-1!!

____________________Friedel______________________

__Cueller_______Collins______Dunne_______Warnock__

___________Milner_____Petrov_____Delph_____________

____Young____________________________Downing_____

_____________________Gabby_______________________

Bench:

Guzan

Young

Davies

Sidwell

Delfoneso

Heskey

Carew

Kusczack

Rafael/Neville

Brown

Vidic

Fabio

Valencia

Gibson

Anderson

Park

Owen

Berbatov

Obviously im not a utd fan so dont know what the regular team is but I think Utd will play 451

Van der sar

Rafeal

Brown

Vidic

Evra

Valencia

Carrick

Scholes

Fletcher

Park

Rooney

The full backs are quick to combat our wingers and then midfield to over play us.

Gonna to be a tight game, cant wait now...UTV

Kusczack

Rafael/Neville

Brown

Vidic

Fabio

Valencia

Gibson

Anderson

Park

Owen

Berbatov

Anderson won't be playing anyway as he's out for the season.

:lol: typical united 'fan'!