LC: Final vs Man Utd Match Thread 2010/02/28 15:00

limpid

Aston Villa (Win Outright)

Carling Cup 2009/10 (Sun Feb 28th - 15:00)

The above bet, does winning outright mean in 90 minutes? Or is it to lift the trophy?

To lift the trophy i.e. in extra time, or even on penalties.

Two areas where i'm not sure who we should play, the primary one being whether to stick Delph in for Heskey and play a 5 man midfield like we did against United at home and the other one being whether to contimue with Cuellar at right back or in the centre and have Young on the right. Given that Collins is playing well in the centre i'd be tempted to stick with Cuellar at right back, though if we play 5 in midfield we could really do with a more attacking full back than Cuellar so i'd be tempted to play Young if we go 4-5-1 and Cuellar if we go 4-4-2.

As for the game it could obviously go either way, unlike the 94 final we won't be massive underdogs, i'm not going to even bother with a prediction!

Martin O'Neill is so serious about Aston Villa’s Carling Cup bid he plans to check his squad into their hotel THREE nights before the final.

O’Neill, 57, is desperate to land his first silverware as Villa boss after winning the League Cup twice previously in charge of Leicester.

O’Neill even had his players stay in a Birmingham hotel for two nights before their semi-final second leg victory over Blackburn at home.

Now Villa are set to travel down to London on Thursday afternoon ahead of Sunday’s game with Manchester United.

It will be Villa’s first final since O’Neill became manager in August 2006.

article

:D

Martin O'Neill is so serious about Aston Villa’s Carling Cup bid he plans to check his squad into their hotel THREE nights before the final.

O’Neill, 57, is desperate to land his first silverware as Villa boss after winning the League Cup twice previously in charge of Leicester.

O’Neill even had his players stay in a Birmingham hotel for two nights before their semi-final second leg victory over Blackburn at home.

Now Villa are set to travel down to London on Thursday afternoon ahead of Sunday’s game with Manchester United.

It will be Villa’s first final since O’Neill became manager in August 2006.

article

:D

Cant be true because The People said we were tightening our purse strings :lol:

Do United have a champions league clash between the final?

No mate.....1st leg is 16th Feb and 2nd leg is 10th March.... their next game after the Cup Final is the following Saturday against the Wolves.

also...... the referee has been confirmed for the final........PHIL DOWD :x

http://www.football-league.co.uk/carlingcup/news/20100201/officials-named-for-carling-cup-final_2245684_1952090

Could be worse, could be Lee Probert.

Alan Wiley should get the job in my opinion, one of the better refs.

Wiley is from Burntwood mate, he's also apparently a Villa fan although he goes to Chasetown games quite often, and therefore can't referee any of the West Midlands teams.

disappointed anderson picked up an injury to be honest- he was shocking when we beat them at OT. better news re rio, means one of either j.evans or brown will start which is good. hopefully fergie will start gary neville too: ash vs neville = only one winner :P

Do United have a champions league clash between the final?

No mate.....1st leg is 16th Feb and 2nd leg is 10th March.... their next game after the Cup Final is the following Saturday against the Wolves.

also...... the referee has been confirmed for the final........PHIL DOWD :x

http://www.football-league.co.uk/carlingcup/news/20100201/officials-named-for-carling-cup-final_2245684_1952090

Could be worse, could be Lee Probert.

Alan Wiley should get the job in my opinion, one of the better refs.

Wiley is from Burntwood mate, he's also apparently a Villa fan although he goes to Chasetown games quite often, and therefore can't referee any of the West Midlands teams.

Also ex west mids police too, who are renowned for dodgy decisions, though that doesn't seem to have clouded his judgement as a ref!