The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Bellew says he only has 6 1/2 lbs to shed as well. I could cut that in my sleep so I'm in no doubt that he can make the weight. What sort of actual fighting shape is in though is anyone's guess.

Bellew says he only has 6 1/2 lbs to shed as well. I could cut that in my sleep so I'm in no doubt that he can make the weight. What sort of actual fighting shape is in though is anyone's guess.

He said before that he will need to lose a stone though.

Like you say, fighting shape is a different matter. With him just coming back from an operation on his hand, and his fight not due for another 2 months, I'd be interested to know how much sparring he has been doing.

Press conference was interesting. Bellew and Clev had to be separated n Sky muted the sound because of bad language. DeGale saying he will cover Groves purse as he going to knock him out. l can't stand DeGale . Hope Groves batters him, can't see that though unfortunately.

I like how they are advertising the DeGale V Groves fight with a focus on "The Grudge" angle . It's refreshing, and a break from the norm, which boxing needs right now, after all the " two reluctant pals" years.

He is just following in a long standing tradition. Talk shit and you will sell tickets because people will pay to watch you get beat, if you dont get beat then you can keep this going for years and talk your way into some very big fights.

Muhammad Ali was the master at this. Naz was another who had it down to a science, more recently so has Mayweather. DeGale is building a profile and if he has to play the pantomime villain to do that then so be it. People love it really, because the alternative would be a world where everybody gave interviews as interesting as the ones Michael Owen gives.

Can't decide whether to purchase this tonight or not have always been against paying for PPV but this looks a decent card.

Anyone know what time its likely to finish?

8.05 - Billy Joe Saunders

8.40 - Frankie Gavin

9.35 - Nathan Cleverly

10.35 - DeGale v Groves

Depends on how long the DeGale fight lasts.

Can't decide whether to purchase this tonight or not have always been against paying for PPV but this looks a decent card.

Anyone know what time its likely to finish?

8.05 - Billy Joe Saunders

8.40 - Frankie Gavin

9.35 - Nathan Cleverly

10.35 - DeGale v Groves

Depends on how long the DeGale fight lasts.

Cheers mate just bought it looking at them times didn't want it to go on too late

Â