The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Maybe Joshua wants to make this a 12 rounder

His next opponent Parker is proven over that distance maybe he wants some rounds under his belt to prepare he could finish this guy anytime he wants tbh

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Maybe Joshua wants to make this a 12 rounder

His next opponent Parker is proven over that distance maybe he wants some rounds under his belt to prepare he could finish this guy anytime he wants tbh

He'll want a ko for his record, but definitely using it to get rounds in.

41 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What a terrible blowing smoke up his own arse intro by Joshua

Depends what your musical preference is. AJ has grown up with grime music, he's staying true to what he knows. Nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, West said:

Depends what your musical preference is. AJ has grown up with grime music, he's staying true to what he knows. Nothing wrong with that. 

It wasn't the music, like you say he's entitled to what he likes. It was the intro beforehand. Saying  about the day he became world champion is the start of his legacy and it is only the start etc etc... 

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

It wasn't the music, like you say he's entitled to what he likes. It was the intro beforehand. Saying  about the day he became world champion is the start of his legacy and it is only the start etc etc... 

Oh I see. Yeh I guess that's all part of Eddie Hearn's building the hype aspect. Boxing today is a business as well as a sport. 

Thurman vs Porter was a hell of a fight. This guys is what a competitive fight between two highly ranked boxers should look like, rather than shite mis-matches that Hearn served up last night for a ridiculous fee. 

It was so close that I really wouldn't have complained if the decision was given to Thurman or Porter or if it was a draw. Personally I preferred Thurman's work and he was hurting Porter more than Porter hurt him so on that basis I have no issue with Thurman getting the W.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

• 2 weeks later...

Brook brings more money to the table. GGG will still win, but Brook is more of a legitimate opponent than Eubank. 

Â