The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Even Prince Naseem knew when to tuck in and ride a round . Khan's problem is that he is thick as mince .

Exactly.

He needs a fundamental change in attitude if he wants to get back to where he was. I don't think he can do it, he thinks he can solve everything by just throwing more punches rather than fighting the smart fight.

Anyone else catch the Broner fight last night? I slept though it (didnt even think it was going to be on because of the farce at the weigh in) but caught the replay today and Broner looked great again. I think he is the latest in a long line of loudmouths that just rub some people up the wrong way, but he seems to have every attribute you would want to see in a top class fighter, he is quick, strong, has a great defence and is technically very good. He is great at provoking a reaction from people and a firm believer in the old adage that there is no such thing as bad publicity. He is up to 135 now and I cant see it being long before he picks up a belt there either. Maybe unify the division within two years then step up to 140 before his 25th birthday. Really exciting fighter, would love to see him against Ricky Burns.

Naz would have toyed with Khan like a car with a mouse until he was bored or he fancied knocking him out.

Yeah. Reminds me how much I miss PNH. Was so much fun to watch.

Am I missing something? Hamed was a BW-FW, Khan cuts to make LWW. Khan would hurt him badly inside 2 rounds if they actually fought.

Even comparing their records/performances PFP is difficult as there's not a quarter of the depth of talent at FW and below that there is at LWW-WW.

I agree that Broner looks good but I wouldn't read too much into a fight where he aborted his weight cut. His water cut starts from about 150 apparently so moving up is pretty inevitable.

Anyone else catch the Broner fight last night? I slept though it (didnt even think it was going to be on because of the farce at the weigh in) but caught the replay today and Broner looked great again. I think he is the latest in a long line of loudmouths that just rub some people up the wrong way, but he seems to have every attribute you would want to see in a top class fighter, he is quick, strong, has a great defence and is technically very good. He is great at provoking a reaction from people and a firm believer in the old adage that there is no such thing as bad publicity. He is up to 135 now and I cant see it being long before he picks up a belt there either. Maybe unify the division within two years then step up to 140 before his 25th birthday. Really exciting fighter, would love to see him against Ricky Burns.

Yeah I have caught him the last few times he has been on, really does look to have near enough the whole package the only thing that lets him down is his attitude to the actual sport, being a loudmouth is fine but its his dedication that you have to question after the farce with the weight, also everytime you hear about him people are talking about the entourage that follows him around everywhere blowing smoke up his arse

I think they were correct on boxnation when they said he needs to try and spend some time with mayweather to see what dedication really is.

...shit I forgot to brush my hair before I posted this

did anyone see the kid who was on the undercard who was calling mayweather out? I would love to see how far he got with him lol

going to try and sort tickets out for this

september 14th - Wembley arena

george groves V TBA (expected to be Kenny Anderson)

Billy Joe Saunders v Jarrod Fletcher

Bradley Skeete v Chas Symons

Frank Buglioni V TBA

then there are some blokes I have never heard of

Gary Corcoran

Mitchell Smith

Billy Morgan

Eddie Hussein

all them fights are still TBA

only £55 gunna see if I can get two tickets for it tomorrow

I doubt Groves cut will be ready by Sep 14th. We'll see. Great KO from Groves on Saturday as well, similar to Haye v Chisora.

By the way Naz v Khan is only ending one way, and that's Khan on the floor, probably in the first round.

Read last night that the groves Anderson fight is off, because of the cut that groves sustained he would only be able to get in two weeks of sparring

Still Gunna get tickets for this one though

Billy Joe V Fletcher is a great matchup. Fletcher is undefeated 12-0 (7 KO) and if my memory serves me right he won the commonwealth Gold beating James Degale on the way

yeah I have followed billy joe quite closely and quite like him

ordered the tickets for it today, looking forward to it, ive never been to the boxng before so it'll be a new experiance for me to see it live.

pretty expensive weekend away though gunna be about £150 just for the tickets, train and hotel

ordered the tickets for it today, looking forward to it, ive never been to the boxng before so it'll be a new experiance for me to see it live.

pretty expensive weekend away though gunna be about £150 just for the tickets, train and hotel

Ouch!! Seems pricey...maybe would have been better to wait until november and go see Froch fight in Nottingham against kelly pavlik (if rumours are to be believed)...closer to home and a better fight/venue.

Managed to book a hotel 1/2 a mile away from the venue for just £50 between the two of us so that's pretty sound. The only thin that will kill us is the train tickets.

The last froch fight the tickets were about £80/£90 an they were up in the gods, no reason why I can't try to sort something for his next fight though anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch!! Seems pricey...maybe would have been better to wait until november and go see Froch fight in Nottingham against kelly pavlik (if rumours are to be believed)...closer to home and a better fight/venue.

I hope it's not Pavlik as Pavlik is completely washed up and would get brutalised by Froch.

Rumors of Froch-Kessler 2 have been squashed by Hearn on his twitter today.

It could well end up being a relatively unknown, Thomas Oosthuizen was approached but wisely turned it down as he is too green at this stage.

A possible opponent could be Adonis Stevenson who fights Don George soon, I expect him to get past George and thus he'd represent probably the toughest available fight at the weight.

Broners behaviour was a disgrace (not bothering to make weight) but at least Escobedo made an additional 200k for his troubles.

Broner's an idiot but an incredible talent. Before we get too carried away though it's worth watching his fight against Ponce de León again, he really struggled and IMO got a robbery decision.

That said, he has all the tools, as a Mayweather clone, to be a top pound for pound fighter. I think he'd beat someone like Burns with ease.

He's already talking about who he'd beat a 140, so I'm not even sure he'd stick around at 135 for that long.

I doubt Groves cut will be ready by Sep 14th. We'll see. Great KO from Groves on Saturday as well, similar to Haye v Chisora.

By the way Naz v Khan is only ending one way, and that's Khan on the floor, probably in the first round.

Come on man, Naz was A LOT smaller than Khan, the fight wouldn't have even taken place.

Â