The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Looking forward to Ward-Dawson. Dawson at 9/2 is excellent value, the bookies have IMO dropped the ball on this one by making Ward such the heavy favourite 4/9 on.

I think Ward will win but it's definitely possibly that Dawson can pull it off so I've dumped some money on him.

Also Bellew is talking about trying to KO Miranda rather than fighting intelligently, could be a bluff but if true we could be seeing Tony getting KO'd. I may have a flutter on Miranda via KO.

Miranda looked shot to pieces, Bellew didn't really impress against what was clearly a shot fighter, he did put his punches together well at times but it wasn't often enough, some of his antics were annoying as well, especially that moment where he walked away from Miranda, very odd.

Ward absolutely destroyed Dawson but Dawson clearly looked weight drained, his reflexes were slow and his legs weren't moving well through-out, I gave him round 2 but that was it. I knew Ward would win but felt Dawson, as long as he wasn't effected by weight, could pull it off. Some of Wards skill in that fight was breath taking, such a classy fighter, the best in the sport right now IMO. I hope he goes up to 175 to fight Dawson for his belts.

Also, shout out to Lucas Matthysse for KOing Ajose, he made me I nice return on my bet and made up for the loss I took on betting Dawson lol.

Ward said after the fight he is going up to 175. There really is **** all left for him at 168 any more so becoming a multiple weight champion and going for the #1 spot in the pound for pound rankings should be where he heads next.

He said he'd eventually move up to 175 not that it'll be his next move, I guess it depends on what's on offer. He already is IMO pound for pound number one, Mayweather and Pacquiao are both past their primes, although the P4P is always going to be subjective, I don't really know what he has to do to get the nod from Ring magazine.

Perhaps a surge at 175 will do it, should be easy for him because Pascal, Cloud, Campillo would be a walk over for him, Dawson at 175 would be more competitive but still would be a steady win for Ward. B-Hop would be an ugly fight but one Ward would breeze through as well. L/H isn't a particularly good division.

It sounds silly but I reckon a catchweight fight against Martinez could happen, Martinez has said before that he'd fight Ward as he's desperate for a big fight against a quality figher.

He already is IMO pound for pound number one, Mayweather and Pacquiao are both past their primes, although the P4P is always going to be subjective, I don't really know what he has to do to get the nod from Ring magazine.

I think you're very much in the minority with that thinking.

Ward is clearly the heir to Floyd's throne though.

Martinez vs Chavez this weekend! :clap: Can't wait!

I like to be controversial, Ward is bang in his prime beating all the top guys in his division and showing signs of improvement in each fight. If there were such thing as a 'current' p4p list, i.e. that takes into account only the last 2 years of boxing, Ward would definitely be number 1 in my eyes.

No way is Mayweather a 'level' above Ward right now. Mayweather is of course great, and I'm a massive fan, but he's also clearly past his best. We're seeing a different type of Mayweather now, one that isn't as IMO formidable. Ward simply is formidable at 168 and will prove to be at 175 should he move up.

How about this for a mad story...

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=57016#ixzz26LRxCTln

This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

BoxingScene.com has confirmed that eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao, and rapper 50 Cent, are going to move forward with a joint promotional venture - according to Pacquiao's adviser Michael Koncz.

In an earlier story, multiple sources advised BoxingScene that TMT Promotions, the promotional company recently started by 50 Cent, was already closing shop.

Back in July, 50 Cent announced the formation of TMT Promotions, and quickly signed Yuriorkis Gamboa, Billy Dibb, Celestino Caballero and Andre Dirrell. He also obtained a promoter's license in New York, and submitted paperwork to get a license in Las Vegas.

There was talk of friction between 50 Cent and Mayweather, but never confirmed.

The lawyer for featherweight champion Billy Dib was reportedly advised by attorney Sekou Gary, that "50 Cent was no longer in boxing" and his promotional contract was being moved to Mayweather Promotions. Gary represented Gamboa when he left Top Rank for TMT. He currently represents James Kirkland in his lawsuit against Golden Boy.

Gary declined comment when reached Wednesday night by BoxingScene.com.

Koncz tell BoxingScene that Pacquiao and 50 Cent are going to come together to form their own promotional company, and Mayweather was initially discussed as a partner - but he doesn't appear to be involved.

"50 Cent and I have been talking now for maybe the last two months. They approached us with the idea to form a promotional company. Initially it was going to be 50 Cent, Manny and Floyd. But right now I don't think Floyd is going to be a part of it. I explained the idea to Manny. We already have a promotional company, MP Promotions, and we have already done three separate promotions from Top Rank...on a small scaler. I have to take the blame for that. I'm in charge of it. There is an element missing there, but I have so much to do with Manny - that I haven't got that company to where I want it," Koncz told BoxingScene.com.

"I think with 50 Cent, with his entertainment connections and his popularity there, combining that with Manny's popularity and expertise in boxing - we can bring a new flavor to boxing - we can excite some young boxers and I think we can sign some top quality boxers. I spoke to 50 Cent tonight and confirmed that we're going to go forward. Manny is coming here this weekend for other business, but we're all excited about it. With 50's influence in the music industry - we want to put a different flavor on the shows."

"On pay-per-view events maybe we won't do four fights. Maybe we'll do two fights and a mini-concert in-between or something. A different angle on it. People know Manny cares about other boxers and I think that's going to be important when we go out and sign other quality boxers who may not know 50 Cent but on the other hand know Manny and know his generous character to other boxers."

lol rumor has it 50 cent was screwing Ms Jackson whilst Floyd was in the 'can'. I dunno for me the entire TMT venture is a circus.

Also of interest is Khan's latest death wish

. Matthysse could well end Khan's career, as much as I hate Khan I must admit the guy has balls.

Just Got to the hotel in Walthamstow, **** me this really is the arse end of the world man, worst hotel I've ever stayed at

Hope the boxing tonight makes up for it, I'd love to see skeet get his arse handed to him (can't see it happening though)

The Billy Jo v fletcher fight should be good, hope Saunders does him but I don't this fletcher is one to be taken to lightly

Ricky Hatton attacked... by his dad!

FORMER boxing champ Ricky Hatton’s dad was arrested for attacking his SON following a bust-up in a gym car park.

Hatton, 33, had to protect himself after dad Ray, 61, attacked him during a heated row.

Hatton Snr went for the boxer — nicknamed The Hitman — after confronting him. It is believed they argued about Ricky’s decision to fight again and issues over his previous lifestyle.

Shocked bystanders looked on outside Ricky’s gym in Hyde, Greater Manchester, on Thursday morning.

A witness said: “Ricky and his dad haven’t really talked for two years. Ray isn’t happy about Ricky’s lifestyle. Ray had gone to confront his son. There was a dispute in the car park seen by quite a few people. Ray took a swipe at him.”

Cops were called and arrested Hatton Snr, 61, on suspicion of assault. He was taken to a police station and cautioned then released. Last night a pal of Ricky said he wanted to press charges. Ray, who lives with Ricky’s mum Carol in Hyde, refused to comment. Ricky’s agent did not respond to requests for comment.

Yesterday Hatton announced he was coming out of retirement, saying: “I want British boxing to be proud of me again.” Earlier this week Ray said: “Me and my wife have our feelings about it.”

Just Got to the hotel in Walthamstow, **** me this really is the arse end of the world man, worst hotel I've ever stayed at

Daft question, but when you have all of London to choose from, why the **** would you want to kip in Walthamstow?

Â