The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

They now trying to make a fight out of Vitali Klitschko and Haye? Haye is a bum and will get done again.

A bum? Did you just watch the fight?

Yes and Dereck Chisora is even worse. He was always going to walk all over him. Wait till he fights someone good again. It will be more boring shit and excuses.

Chisora went 12 rounds with Vitali Klitschko.

Chisora has a hell of a chin, one that Vitali couldn't get past, and Haye just put him down. That's not a bum.

Ok mate. Who has David Haye ever fought? An old Enzo Maccarinelli? A slow and very predictable Nikolai Valuev? Haye might have looked this shit in this fight and in the fights against the other rubbish fighters he's fought. When it comes to fighting someone half decent he can't do it.

Haye's problem is that the man he has to beat next has a massive size advantage and is very good at exploiting that advantage.

Yep, this is the problem.

It's just be back up, jab, back up, jab, back up jab, /yawn

Haye fights best against someone who will throw and leave themselves open. It's no matter how fast you are when the other guy can just keep you out of range and is just willing to jab the fight down to the final bell.

Haye is a cruiserweight, it's just unfortunate for him that cruiserweight is one of the least glamorous divisions so he had to step up to heavy in order to achieve anything of note. Most boxing fans knew about him when he was dominating in the cruiserweight division but its only really been since the Valuev fight that he crossed over into mainstream fame.

They now trying to make a fight out of Vitali Klitschko and Haye? Haye is a bum and will get done again.

Yes and Dereck Chisora is even worse. He was always going to walk all over him. Wait till he fights someone good again. It will be more boring shit and excuses.

Chisora has a hell of a chin, one that Vitali couldn't get past, and Haye just put him down. That's not a bum.

Ok mate. Who has David Haye ever fought? An old Enzo Maccarinelli? A slow and very predictable Nikolai Valuev? Haye might have looked this shit in this fight and in the fights against the other rubbish fighters he's fought. When it comes to fighting someone half decent he can't do it.

Name someone he should have fought and hasn't.

He's not a natural heavyweight. He's stepped up to heavyweight because the cruiserweight division is pure shit.

It doesn't help him that the heavyweight division is dominated by 2 absolute giants who just get fed every up and coming heavyweight before they're ready.

Haye fought a prime Enzo Maccarinelli. At the time of their fight Enzo was 28 and Haye was 27. Enzo was unbeaten in eight years as a professional and had spent five of those eight years as a world champion. It was a genuine 50/50 fight, and a lot of people were saying Enzo was the favourite because of his perceived superior punching power and question marks over Haye's stamina and chin.

Who else has Haye fought? Well, Ruiz and Mormeck are particularly good names for anybody to have on their record in my opinion.

Name someone he should have fought and hasn't.

He's not a natural heavyweight. He's stepped up to heavyweight because the cruiserweight division is pure shit.

It doesn't help him that the heavyweight division is dominated by 2 absolute giants who just get fed every up and coming heavyweight before they're ready.

Tomasz Adamek? He's 35 now so pretty much on the old side, but he also moved up from Cruiserweight to Heaveyweight.

Good sportsmanship but would have loved to have seen Haye rip into Chisora. Just like i would have liked to have seen the 6th round just to see him get punished.

True what Bunce is saying thatr Haye was blowing and Chisora help him by swinging like it was the 12th round.

I like Haye but still think either Vitali will nullify him

Haye fought a prime Enzo Maccarinelli. At the time of their fight Enzo was 28 and Haye was 27. Enzo was unbeaten in eight years as a professional and had spent five of those eight years as a world champion. It was a genuine 50/50 fight, and a lot of people were saying Enzo was the favourite because of his perceived superior punching power and question marks over Haye's stamina and chin.

Who else has Haye fought? Well, Ruiz and Mormeck are particularly good names for anybody to have on their record in my opinion.

Surly it was more the end of Maccarinelli's career? He went onto lose 4 fights after Haye. If you was in your prime you would come back from that?

Depends on what the loss does for you physically and for your morale. I remember watching the Maccarinelli fight. It was quite a big deal to me at the time. It was perceived as a 50/50 fight going into the first bell and Enzo had the superior pedigree coming into it. Haye finished Enzo off as a top level fighter, but make no mistake, Enzo was a top level fighter at the time.

Depends on what the loss does for you physically and for your morale. I remember watching the Maccarinelli fight. It was quite a big deal to me at the time. It was perceived as a 50/50 fight going into the first bell and Enzo had the superior pedigree coming into it. Haye finished Enzo off as a top level fighter, but make no mistake, Enzo was a top level fighter at the time.

Yeah, this is pretty much what I took from it too.

Some fighters just can't recover from a big loss. Sometimes it just takes the one to end a guys career. To go from being unbeatable in the ring to the sudden realisation that someone might put you down, it's a big thing psychologically.

I must have watched this ten times since the fight. The second round was just brutal, Enzo took some serious punishment. Wasnt there a story going around that Haye walked home after the bout because he lived/lives so close to Greenwich?

Oh i agree. I think the "Old Maccarinelli" was used abit too harshly. I just don't think Haye is good enough to beat the Klitschko's. It might be down to their style or it could be that they never want to fight outside of Germany, but now Haye has something for Vitali (belts) Maybe a neutral place might help Haye. If Haye can stop the jab and move style of Vitali he could beat him. I just don't think David Haye's style would work.

I must have watched this ten times since the fight. The second round was just brutal, Enzo took some serious punishment. Wasnt there a story going around that Haye walked home after the bout because he lived/lives so close to Greenwich?

Man I forgot how many shots Enzo took in that second round without seeming to falter. The right around the 8 minute mark on that video should have put him down.

I dont think Haye is big enough to beat the Klitscho's. It's as simple as that really. Wlad has been knocked out three times and Vitali twice (well, once, the other was on a cut to Lennox Lewis but counts as a TKO as far as his record is concerned) so they are vulnerable to the big punch. It's just that their defence has tightened up so much in recent years and they have such a height and reach advantage over Haye that he will have big problems reaching them. Haye had as big a task in taking down Wlad when they fought last year as someone like Andre Ward or Carl Froch would have if they got in the ring with David Haye tonight.

**edit**

fight in full (American commentary)

right i'm dj'ing now but i've got my laptop to watch the fight. can anyone point me in the direction for a legal and only legal stream? i will be livid if anyone inboxes me a naughty stream.

**** hell. Khan is a waster. He's got no chin. Khan was winning up untill that shot. Khan never going to get a fight with the big boys after this. He's such a let down.

Â