The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

What a fight, khan looked comfortable in first two, liked Garcias counter punch style. Caught him with one in the end of the 3rd and there was no way back for khan after that. 4th round was great bombs being thrown every second. Ref called it right. Well done Garcia

Khan got **** up!

First two rounds he won easily but then he got dealt with! I thought the ref was going to stop it in round 3. Khan can have no complaints about it being stopped in the 4th. He gave ref no choice!

Khan said he wanted to fight in England again soon. It's going to be alot sooner than what he expected now!

Just proves how one punch can change a fight. Khan was far superior until he got nailed with that wild punch at the end of the 3rd. Once that landed it was over.

If khan could have kept him at distance then I fancied him to win but I said before the fight if garcia got in close and managed to turn it into a real scrap then Garcia could cause him some real problems.

Khan has always had 2 major flaws if you ask me and that is his chin and his defence, sayin that though the hook that Garcia caught him with wod have troubled most people

Just proves how one punch can change a fight. Khan was far superior until he got nailed with that wild punch at the end of the 3rd. Once that landed it was over.

Agreed but he survived the round the next round Roach should have told him to just stay out of the way and hold.Why he decided whilst he was still dazed to try to go toe to toe with him I don't know.

3 losses now 2 but big KO he is till young and can come back but he needs to be alot smarter in the ring.Sometimes you need to box in the ring now try and be Rocky and KO certainly not in the first round

cant see him retiring just yet, he will still wanna move up a weight and give it a shot in that division, probably find he will be more comfortable in there even though he will be right at the bottom of the pecking order.

There's really no where for Khan to go. Brook is the only obvious opponent, but I dunno if he'll want that fight after bigging himself up for a Mayweather fight, it's a massive step down.

He fights far too open, he has no brain. He doesn't know when to shut up shop and just hug a round out, he wants to fight his way out of every corner, and it's just stupid.

As is customary following a Khan fight, I believe it's time to remind my mate of the bet we have... (We made a wager about... 2 years ago. He posits that Khan will, one day, be Ring Magazines P4P Best in the World. I think that's unlikely to happen if Khan was able to box for the rest of eternity).

It's a friendly bet but money is riding on it, the precise amount I've actually forgotten but I seem to remember it being something like £50. It's a bet I'm not in danger of losing whatsoever in my view.

After watching the fight again I still don't know what Khan was thinking.

He's throwing right uppercuts against a guy whos only punch is a left hook. It makes no sense. Either something went seriously wrong in his training (although before the fight they stated they knew the guy only had one punch) or Khan just can't stick to a game plan and went off book the second he thought he had the other guy worried.

I just can't see any way back for him. What can he seriously do now? A change in trainer maybe? Someone who can get him to work his defence so he doesn't leave himself open and just go swinging wildly whenever he feel like it?

It could be that Garcia's dad got to Khan and he was fighting angrily. He has options though, Kell Brook is the obvious "big" fight for him but there are plenty of people who would want to fight Amir Khan. He is still only 25 and has the talent to win a world title again.

I watched the fight again earlier as well and to be honest some of the punches he took were pretty sickening with 2:05 to go in the 4th round **** me that was horrible

didn't they say that in his training camp he was sparring as if he was gearing up for a war even though roach was saying that the plan that they were working on was for him to get in throw three punches and get back out of there?

I read a quote by him the other day when he was talking about the ammount of boxers who are taking this synthetic testosterone or what ever it is and Khan said ''everyone should be forced to give blood and urine samples during the build up to fights, could you imagine me if I was taking that stuff? I would be an animal''

as soon as I read that I said to someone at work ''its all very well and good being an animal but an animal with a glass chin wont get very far''

Â