The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Bradley-Mayweather by the end of the year, Mayweather destroying him, and then they'll set up the big one for this time next year...

The whole point of screwing Pac like this is to keep it in Arum's stable and rule Mayweather out.

Bradley - Pac rematch in November.

8xHHv.jpg

Apparently these are the official score cards, posted on Twitter care of Tom Looney who works for Fox News. Two of the three judges even gave round five to Bradley. You know, one of the rounds where he almost got knocked out.

Not long woken up after laughing myself to sleep.

I hope you havent put too much money on Bradley Don!

:D I had a sneaky little bet on bradley to win, if it wasn't for online bookies I'd have torn my slip up half way into the fight!

I love boxing.

The whole point of screwing Pac like this is to keep it in Arum's stable and rule Mayweather out.

Ding ding ding.

Manny is on his way out, they need a new "big name" and it looks like they've picked Bradley to be it. Makes sense really, he's undefeated, and has a bit of the Mayweather going on in the way he acts. If you watched 24/7 on HBO you'd have seen him doing the whole "they're trying to take food off my table" shit Mayweather always does.

The score cards are a joke.

They're classic "fix" cards, never more than 2 rounds in it. There's no way anyone on this planet could have given Bradley the 5th round, no way at all.

The compubox stats make for interesting reading too!

0IrVa.jpg

One thing this fight does prove though, Pacquiao - Mayweather was never going to happen.

I'm not sure putting in an obvious fix in one of the most high profile fights of the year is the best way to establish Bradley as Top Rank's flag ship fighter. This is **** terrible for business long term, IMO. I know less avid boxing fans now than I did when I was 9 and having stuff like this happen is only going to turn more people away.

Bradley is now going to be known to the casual fans as "the guy who cheated Pacquiao" even if he had no idea and no amount of PR is going to change that. Maybe Arum can feel the end nearing for him and figures that cashing in on controversy will benefit his bank balance most.

I'd hazard a guess that the plan wasn't for it to look as obvious as it did.

The way Manny was sitting off for 2 minutes a round was a perfect way to hand Bradley rounds.

If he worked well for those 2 minutes, and Manny just started fighting in the last minute, then you can argue that over the course of the round Bradley deserved the round.

The problem was though that nothing Bradley did in those 2 minutes made him deserve the rounds.

If it looked a more competitive fight (which maybe it would have if Bradley hadn't turned his ankle and been able to throw properly) then the outcome would be Bradley looking like a legit contender, Manny wanting to avenge his loss, and all the PPV buys from people wanting to see a rematch of a pretty competitive fight.

The fix was a great business decision IF it came off well, it lets them have another big money fight keeping the money in house, AND avoid having to fight Mayweather (who'd destroy Manny, do doubt about it) for another year. Sadly for them it didn't come off well.

0oeML.jpg

"He's like a son to me"

(they have been working together for two fights)

XNTds.png

Although to be fair, Bradley did have the better of things in round 9.

• 2 weeks later...

Ortiz - Lopez last night was a cracking fight, as was Soto - Matthysse.

Ortiz has some even bigger question marks now, the 5th round was just disgusting, no excuses.

I can't really blame him for quitting, you just can't fight with a broken jaw without risking even more serious damage.

He is a dirty bastard though. The natural justice Mayweather gave him was perfectly justified.

Looking at the replay of it again and I only just realised how hard that right hand was. Ouch.

If anyone is thinking of getting Boxnation for the Haye-Chisora, you'll want to do it this week. If you sign up this week (with the promo code: "SUNBOXING") they'll give you 2 months for the price of 1. If you sign up from the 7th onwards, they're then charging normal price with a £10 registration fee too. :thumb:

One more round and Kell Brook could have got knocked out there. Probably did enough early on though to deserve the win.

Brook needed to get beat up like that.

He's had it too easy, now he knows what it feels like to be in a fight.

Another round and he definitely would have been on the canvas, his defence was non-existent at the end there.

Â