The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Oh it was a big one. Just watch Conlon's hands drop after the right hander. He was out cold after it.

Yeah looks like he caught him, but I doubt he would have gone down like that in the first round, looked knackered. As soon as his hands went down, it was obvious he was gone, that combination after was a bit late and could have properly hurt him. I felt the ref should have been in a bit quicker there.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah looks like he caught him, but I doubt he would have gone down like that in the first round, looked knackered. As soon as his hands went down, it was obvious he was gone, that combination after was a bit late and could have properly hurt him. I felt the ref should have been in a bit quicker there.

It looks like Wood's right caught him straight on the temple, just knocked him clean out. First round or last round, you're going down if that happens. In the first round he wouldn't have been as knackered and might have been better able to avoid the punch/not let himself get cornered like that but if a shot to the temple lands, you're going down regardless.

The ref was in within a half a second to be fair. Maybe could have been positioned closer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I guess it was, but didn't look like a big punch there?

May have been more of an accumulation of punches, plus sheer exhaustion. Strange how both arms just dropped and how he fell through the ropes on to the apron. 

Take nothing away from from Wood. He took everything Conlan had to offer and still found the belief to come out of that the victor. 

The fight reminded me somewhat of the second Eubank and Watson fight. 

On 13/03/2022 at 00:15, Johnnyp said:

Only read about it. Heard it was a great fight that Conlan was winning. Seen the finish on YouTube. Hope he’s alright. His head took some smack. If Conlan is ok a rematch is a no brainer. 

Finally got round to watching it last night. Great fight 

I see any pretence that Probellum has nothing to do with MTK and the drug trafficking kingpin Daniel Kinahan is gone now.

This despite legal letters being sent to any journalists who suggested that there were links between Kinahan and Probellum, the Pakistani sports minister has done them a big favour here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Kambosos-Haney on for June 5th in Melbourne 

I could see Kambosos winning that. He probably won't be the favourite, but then he was a big underdog against Lopez and look how that turned out regardless of the excuses made by Lopez. 

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I could see Kambosos winning that. He probably won't be the favourite, but then he was a big underdog against Lopez and look how that turned out regardless of the excuses made by Lopez. 

I think Haney really backs himself here. Will be a stadium fight, outdoors, Sunday afternoon Australian time to go live prime time on ESPN in the states on the Saturday night . Haney has essentially left Hearn and DAZN, signed to top rank and dibella in a multi fight deal. I think Kambosos will find him extremely difficult. Teo just went in and tried to take his head off. Haney is a box puncher. 

19 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I think Haney really backs himself here. Will be a stadium fight, outdoors, Sunday afternoon Australian time to go live prime time on ESPN in the states on the Saturday night . Haney has essentially left Hearn and DAZN, signed to top rank and dibella in a multi fight deal. I think Kambosos will find him extremely difficult. Teo just went in and tried to take his head off. Haney is a box puncher. 

Don't get me wrong, I think Haney has some beautiful skills, but his lack of a big punch and the concern about his chin could haunt him in a fight like this. Kambosos has the heart of a lion and you cannot  take your foot off the pedal against an opponent such as him.

Haney is a far superior boxer in terms of the skill - set, but sometimes that doesn't guarantee victory. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

It's an amazing division.

I'd edge toward Haney over Kambosos - but then you've got Lopez, Lomachenko, Davis, Garcia, Commey - so many good fighters around at this weight.

Personally Davis is my pick of them, if he can keep himself out of prison we could see some amazing fights coming up.

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Brutal ko by marshall. Im really looking forward to marshall vs shields. Hope marshall wipes the floor with her. Shields vouce is so irritating 

I'm surprised Shields managed to get through the ropes with that fat arse. I don't know what she does inbetween fights but I'm  guessing  the priority is not exercise. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm surprised Shields managed to get through the ropes with that fat arse. I don't know what she does inbetween fights but I'm the priority is not exercise. 

She going to have to get in tip top shape as marshall has some extraordinary power and size. She could probably knock out a few male boxers

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm surprised Shields managed to get through the ropes with that fat arse. I don't know what she does inbetween fights but I'm the priority is not exercise. 

True datt. I watched one of her last fights and she had some right blubber on her, no six pack on this girl.

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Triple G, still a beast at 40. However, you can see age slowly making it's mark and for that reason, I can't see him beating Canelo now.

Yeah seems like GGG - canelo 3 is next. I agree canelo wins. I would have liked to have see the canelo today vs peak mayweather. I think this canelo would have given mayweather more problems than the one that he fought. Shame we will never see it

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah seems like GGG - canelo 3 is next. I agree canelo wins. I would have liked to have see the canelo today vs peak mayweather. I think this canelo would have given mayweather more problems than the one that he fought. Shame we will never see it

The Canelo of today would never make the weight to fight Mayweather. All that ' super - duper meat' has made a beast of the man.

• Haha 1

Â