• A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Collins
    • Carew
    • Reo-Coker

I was watching final score just before kick-off and fair play to mark bright he said he fancied us for the win at which point garth crooks cut's him off 'have you seen the line-up are you mad?'. **** off garth!!

Without trying to take the gloss off probably the 2nd best day of my villa supporting life, it would take a HELL of a lot for me to even consider critisizing martin o'neil for some of the absolutly FANTASTIC results he has given this club over the last couple of years. We've beat everyone under his tenure! all the big boys. thank you randy and thank you martin, that team out there today is full of the right attitude that is lacking in most other football clubs.

I was watching final score just before kick-off and fair play to mark bright he said he fancied us for the win at which point garth crooks cut's him off 'have you seen the line-up are you mad?'. **** off garth!!

Was watching that final score before the 3pm kick-offs and Crooks tipped Man City, Chelsea and Spurs for stonewall, put your house on them wins.

Yet he probably earns a large amount of money for being one of the best pundits the BBC could find.

why is it that during the build up no one other than villa fans knew that vidic is utter shite against gabby? the utd fans at work were utterly baffled when i laughed after they said "its ok vidic is back"

and i wonder how many people over the next week will say that we could of been better? ash could of got at fletcher more, jimmy didnt look as amazing on the ball in the middle as he has done? **** none i bet, that was no doubt as good as it gets for villa as far as the media are concerned

We're in a title race now. :D

Alan Green keeps banging on about how Villa winning is good for Chelsea and Arsenal.

The thought doesn't seem to have entered his tiny brain that it is bloody good news for Aston Villa.

Alan Green and Co (MOTD) will still refuse to let go the clique that is the top 4, the more they can dismiss this win by Villa the more they paper over it and business as usual.

Fact is Man Utd we not just beaten today, they were at least equalled all over the park, matched in every dept, if you think about it they had to be, and in some circumstances we were the better side, we defended with composure they looked rushed, our keeper looker in control, there keeper looked average, they threw everything at us and still couldn't break our hold.

We just beat Man Utd at the theatre of dreams and despite the fact we were the away team playing the game out, we beat them well and with style that would compliment any Champions League side, that's what put the willies up them.

Exactly. Apart from Rooney, the best English player for a generation, they looked distinctly average today. I was expecting pure pressure at the end but it never materialised. We were good value for the 3 points. I can't wait to hear the bullshit from the gloryhunters I know.

EDIT: I'm wrong...

Is there a manager who's won at least one PL game against every club in the PL during their tenure? Fergie hasn't (lost to Burnley). I'd bet Wenger has (but has Arsenal played Burnley this year?).

Was watching that final score before the 3pm kick-offs and Crooks tipped Man City, Chelsea and Spurs for stonewall, put your house on them wins.

Yet he probably earns a large amount of money for being one of the best pundits the BBC could find.

it also probably took him 2 and half hours worth of bullshit mumblings that got edited to throw out those 3 teams

it also probably took him 2 and half hours worth of bullshit mumblings that got edited to throw out those 3 teams

Thing is, that's the set of results we probably would have gone for, but we're biased fans who care about one team. Crooks watches hours of football for a living yet still hasn't got a clue.

Garth Crooks is an embarrassment. I was in WilliamHills around 17:00 today and both the pundits on their radio tipped a Villa win.

Exactly. Apart from Rooney, the best English player for a generation, they looked distinctly average today.
You mean Roy of the Rovers. Taking free kicks, taking corners, getting into the box for crosses, chasing back, covering at left back. You know that when you see rooney at left back manure are in trouble - he loses confidence in his teammates and tries to do everything himself.

A clean sheet against a front line containing rooney giggs/owen and berbatov. Luvly jubbly.

to be fair a lot of us on here were unusually opptomistic before a trip to old trafford! i put on facebook this morning that i could feel a win in my waters! that's the last of the hoo-doos we had left to break and it means so much more to do it at their place! i posted a top 7 vs top 7 table for this season earlier in the week and we are still the only unbeaten team in that table and a draw against arsenal will put us level with chelsea at the top!

Garth crooks really annoys me, if it isn't his 'team of the week' its him never sticking his neck on the line or giving a team like us a chance. Is it really wolves, burnley and stoke that are the only ones left?

Exactly. Apart from Rooney, the best English player for a generation, they looked distinctly average today.
You mean Roy of the Rovers. Taking free kicks, taking corners, getting into the box for crosses, chasing back, covering at left back.

And diving.

I put Warnock as the MOTM because even though he had to go off, he was so immense before he got injured that he still deserves it. I hope Capello was watching today because over the last few games Warnock is ahead of Cashley even.