General Chat

Stevo985

On 13/09/2018 at 20:15, VILLAMARV said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-45507512

So the dumping started Monday. The whole thing stands as a sign that there's nothing we can do about anything anymore as far as I'm concerned. :(

I get that there's more than an element of nimbyism to my personal interest here, but generally, FFS's all round.

All thanks to the criminal enterprise going under the name of Natural Resources Wales.

Want to build an incinerator in the middle of a town but worried about not getting an emissions license? NRW!

Want to make £11Million profit by awarding timber and forestry contracts without the petty admin of tenders? NRW!

Want to dump 300,000 tonnes of mud from Hinckley a mile off Penarth Pier? NRW!

People should be going to prison, not promising to learn from their mistakes.

It's not nimbyism, it's realising this system needs a shock to the gonads and new people in charge.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

All thanks to the criminal enterprise going under the name of Natural Resources Wales.

Want to build an incinerator in the middle of a town but worried about not getting an emissions license? NRW!

Want to make £11Million profit by awarding timber and forestry contracts without the petty admin of tenders? NRW!

Want to dump 300,000 tonnes of mud from Hinckley a mile off Penarth Pier? NRW!

People should be going to prison, not promising to learn from their mistakes.

It's not nimbyism, it's realising this system needs a shock to the gonads and new people in charge.  

Sadly I feel it will just soon be time for another rebrand.

On 19/09/2018 at 09:59, mjmooney said:

Just what I've always wanted. A military tactical drop leg bag tool fanny thigh pack leg rig utility pouch paintball airsoft motorcycling thermite versipack. 

IMG_20180919_095431.png

I wouldn't buy this just yet mate, rumour has it they're about to release the military tactical drop leg tool fanny thigh pack leg rig utility pouch paintball airsoft motorcycling thermite versipack 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Oh please do elaborate...

No it's just I've a better idea where Jeremy Kyle finds his guests now.

Edit : I am slightly jesting btw in case any locals get offended;)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BOF said:

No it's just I've a better idea where Jeremy Kyle finds his guests now.

Edit : I am slightly jesting btw in case any locals get offended;)

No, you are right. Dregs. 

Don’t think I’ve ventured into Tamworth before. Don’t think I’ll rush over there based on the recent posts.

The other day I was in Lichfield for the first time since I was a kid, probably the closest I’ve been to Tamworth. Lichfield’s nice anyway.

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Don’t think I’ve ventured into Tamworth before. Don’t think I’ll rush over there based on the recent posts.

The other day I was in Lichfield for the first time since I was a kid, probably the closest I’ve been to Tamworth. Lichfield’s nice anyway.

I like Lichfield, loads of pubs in the centre.

I could see myself living there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

One of the reasons I went there was to see what the pubs are like. We’re doing a pub crawl there towards the end of the year and I wanted to have an idea of where we should go.

I’ll be reporting back my findings in the pub guide thread after the night in question :D

Yeah I agree about living there. I probably wouldn’t live in a town/city but if I did, Lichfield is the sort of size place I could manage.

• Like 1

On 21/09/2018 at 21:16, Xela said:

I'm considering moving there next year. Seem to get more for your money than you do round our parts. Seems like a nice compromise

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm considering moving there next year. Seem to get more for your money than you do round our parts. Seems like a nice compromise

Definitely. And a far nicer town centre than Sutton

Â