General Chat

Stevo985

Say you thought when they originally asked, it was just for those first two games, and that you then played the next friendly because you couldn't bring yourself to speak up. At worst, they'll just think you're a bit of a girl ;)

Guys, I need some advice! I sent the below to a very helpful gentleman from VT earlier but I was wondering if I could get anymore views.

I joined a Sunday league football team over the summer. There is a first team and a reserve team. About 3 or 4 training sessions in the managers mentioned to us all they didn't have a goalkeeper for the reserve team.

I stupidly spoke up, as I was new, and said I was willing to play as goalkeeper because I used to when I was younger about 8 years ago now. However, I quit for a reason then and that was the fact I didn't enjoy it as much, lack of confidence and got far too nervous before games. I know it's normal but it got to a point I couldn't handle it.

Here's the problem. Without blowing my own trumpet I am a good goalkeeper. Today was the first friendly match of the season and I had to play for the first team and reserve team. (2 90 minute matches) Altogether I let in 6 goals and most I consider my fault (especially one) yet the managers turned around at the end and awarded me man of the match for both games? I feel I had good games but I COULDN'T relax at all. I know it was my first game back in YEARS but I don't think I want to carry on playing as goalkeeper.

So how do I tell the manager? If I tell him I want to play outfield (which admittedly I'm not great at) the reserve team will struggle for a goalkeeper. The season doesn't start until next month so if I'm going to tell them I need to tell them now. I just don't know how they'll react. I'd much rather playing outfield but I can't see me getting that many games either.

And as I am about to click post the second team manager adds me on Facebook...

I think you should take inspiration from such great keepers as Rogério Ceni, Steven Benjamin,  José Luis Chilavert, Gareth Roberts, Dimitar Ivankov and of course

René Higuita

tumblr_mkblb79hA61s9arf2o1_400.gifel+escorpion+higuita.gif

All goalkeepers with flair and poise. Blessed with both dribbling and goal scoring abilities.

Best of both worlds.

And then if you try to emulate such greats and fail, they'll soon boot you out of goal, quick sharpish.

• Like 1

Back in the 90s Colombia had the highest murder/homicide rate in the world. But 20 years on it is more tourist friendly now as B23 will testify.

Honduras is the most dangerous place on earth now.

Even the murderous, blood thirsty drug cartels? 

I think someone is still living in the 90s.

mexico is worse now?? but the problem still stems from columbia,peru and bolivia.

The problem stems from the insatiable appetite of Americans and Europeans for cocaine, and/or the drug laws that criminalize it. 

• Like 2

As of April 2014 (pretty up to date) Honduras has the highest murder rate in the world. Make of that what you will.

I suppose murder rates don't include those committed by governments which probably make up about 95% of all murders.

• Like 1

Â