General Chat

Stevo985

Havnt had a smoke all day, had 4 yesterday usually have 10 a day but its been increasing lately and I've decided its time to stop, not feeling anything atm although I read somewhere that its about the 3rd day when the cravings really kick in. Apart from the health benefits, ive worked out each month I spend around £90 on fags, so over the year I spend over a grand on fags. **** hell.

• Like 1

Woo i was on ski sunday again. And as usual i missed it. That's twice now.

I hate myself sometimes for being so forgetful!!

FWIW, we all missed it as well. 

Does it get repeated, on BBC57 or some such? Or iPlayer? 

Moving the graffiti/art discussion over from "Piss You Off" (where it is probably off-topic)...

YF.jpg

For "small Airedale town" read: "Leeds suburb". Very near my house, in fact.

Edited by mjmooney

Moving the graffiti/art discussion over from "Piss You Off" (where it is probably off-topic)...

YF.jpg

For "small Airedale town" read: "Leeds suburb". Very near my house, in fact.

I've just driven down this street on google maps, and the number 10 has a ONE-NIL sign over the front door :clap:

Tony Harrison is reading 'V' on Radio 4 tonight at 11. It is really worth a listen. Daily Mail famously called it a 'torrent of filth'.

V was inspired by Harrison's discovery that his parents' grave had been vandalised. He imagines an exchange with the drunken skinhead who has aerosolled graffiti on the tombstone, and ruefully reflects on society's schisms. "V", in this context, stands for "versus", an emblem of the bitter divisions of the new Thatcherite order. Even rightwing commentators such as Bernard Levin hailed it as "one of the most powerful, profound and haunting long poems of modern times … a meticulously controlled yell of rage and hope combined, a poisoned dart aimed with deadly precision at the waste of human potential."

I forgot to thank you for the pointer. I missed it when it was on but listened to it on the radio iplayery thingymajig earlier.

Havnt had a smoke all day, had 4 yesterday usually have 10 a day but its been increasing lately and I've decided its time to stop, not feeling anything atm although I read somewhere that its about the 3rd day when the cravings really kick in. Apart from the health benefits, ive worked out each month I spend around £90 on fags, so over the year I spend over a grand on fags. **** hell.

fair play to ya, I was smoking 20 a day and with them electric cigarettes I managed to cut down to 10 a day (pretty much just completely stopped smoking whilst I was at work) and now I pretty much only smoke when I have a drink and dont barely ever use me lecci fag

that was in the period of 2 month's or so, the hardest thing for me was stopping the ''5pm fag'' it killed me for a while not having that one

Well yeah, usually I find them to be on the safe side, i.e. they'll "estimate" a considerable longer amount of time than it will actually take so that there's less danger of it being late. Like a Ryanair flight.

But over a month is a bit much!

it doesn't matter. It's a book and I've got a bunch of others to read before I get to that. But still, just made me wonder.

Â