General Chat

Stevo985

Buh? DOMS? I'd be fairly gymgnorant <- new word, all mine, you can't use it.

Did you hurt them actually doing an exercise? Like were you working your triceps and they siddenly hurt? If so then yeah you've probably pulled something (strange to do it in both)

If, say, you worked them yesterday and today they are hurting, then that's DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness)

It's perfectly normal for either a first timer or someone who hasn't worked out in a while, and can hurt like hell. But they'll be better in a couple of days. You might just struggle straightening your arms for a while :D

Just think of it as a reminder of the work you've done. Then it becomes more satisfying

Edit: You can keep "gymgnorant" if I get exclusive rights on "nagtivity"

Ah right, OK then it is DOMS. Fairly severe though, because the other muscles feel worked, whereas for all intents these feel pulled. I get that muscles need to tear (a tiny bit) then heal, but I think I'll have to avoid that particular machine for maybe a week whereas the other machines I'll try to do every other day. I definitely overdid it.

It should only be as bad the first time. It really does hurt. I've been there. I spent two days having to carry a mug of water around if I walked anywhere at work because I couldn't straighten my arms so I looked like an action figure if I wasn't holding anything.

And I've only ever gotten it in my biceps and triceps so my guess is they're the most common areas to get it (you work your biceps and triceps doing pretty much any weights at the gym so I guess they get worked more than you realise, which could explain it)

I wouldn't be surprised if, once you let the pain die down, you went back and did exactly the same amount of work and you'd be fine

Yeah the instructor said the tricep is the smallest of the main upperbody muscles you work, so it gets tired the quickest, which would explain it. Every now and again I forget it's sore and do something without thinking, then I yelp :lol:

My Fiance 30th yesterday and had to think of an idea of a cake.

It's of her favourite film and from research it's the only cake on the internet like this. It also came out at EXACTLY the time it said on the cake. Good job my time management is epic win. made it utterly perfect.

251864_10151850502130290_683026620_n.jpg

can i be a pedant and point out that Back to the Future didn't use the 24 hr clock

Hence why it has AM / PM on the original , which it wouldn't have if using the 24 hour clock

good work though :-)

Yeah the instructor said the tricep is the smallest of the main upperbody muscles you work, so it gets tired the quickest, which would explain it. Every now and again I forget it's sore and do something without thinking, then I yelp :lol:

Yep, and basiclaly every time you do a weight that involves a push (Chest press, shoulder press, dip etc) it's working the tricep.

And similarly with bicep and pull exercises.

Do you want some bad news?

If you exercised yesterday, so this is day 1 of DOMS... Day 2 is worse

My Fiance 30th yesterday and had to think of an idea of a cake.

It's of her favourite film and from research it's the only cake on the internet like this. It also came out at EXACTLY the time it said on the cake. Good job my time management is epic win. made it utterly perfect.

251864_10151850502130290_683026620_n.jpg

can i be a pedant and point out that Back to the Future didn't use the 24 hr clock

Hence why it has AM / PM on the original , which it wouldn't have if using the 24 hour clock

good work though :-)

:lol:

That's why it was only £48. The one with the 12 hour clock was £480, a collector's edition. 8)

This is day 2 of DOMS Stevo and I should be in the gym today, but given that the weekend is normally 'time off', I'm going to skip today to give the muscles one more day of recovery and I'll go tomorrow instead. I figure I need to allow them more time to heal in the early days.

Where has she put that cabinet?

Just deleted my Twitter account, I'm not gonna say its rubbish as most people clearly find it useful but I just didn't click with it. I'd start my Facebook profile up again if I didn't find it so boring. That's me done with the whole social network thing I think.

God I'm such a miserable word removed :(

Â