General Chat

Stevo985

Just waitin for the taxi to take us to the airport, three and a half weeks in Thailand, luvlee!

Don't do anything I wouldn't do...

Ok then serious Question

Has anyone ever taken Kalms and do they actually work???

I've been having massive problems sleeping for the last few weeks, I will admit I've been pretty stressed (money problems, nothing major but enough to make the next month or two pretty dificult) I dont let it get me down at all but that's all I can put my restless nights down to.

Someone at work has gave me some kalms and told me to drop a few before I go to bed, I'm gunna give it a go but I always thought they were nothing more than a placebo to be honest. What would happen if I threw back 6 or 7 of them? They are only herbal crap ain't they?

Listening to a podcast recently they had a debate on whether there is a time when you need to get into Rush by or you'll never 'get' it.

Personally, can't stand the band.

I wouldn't say I can't stand them, but I have tried and they just didn't 'stick'. I think Geddy Lee's voice is the problem. There's Robert Plant and there's fingernails down a blackboard, and I'm afraid he falls into the latter camp.

The Ayn **** Rand connection didn't do them any favours in my eyes, either.

The Geddy screech is gone... he can't hit those notes any more :(

Neil Peart"]

This is somewhat random, but you were interested in the writings of Ayn Rand decades ago. Do her words still speak to you?

Oh, no. That was 40 years ago. But it was important to me at the time in a transition of finding myself and having faith that what I believed was worthwhile. I had come up with that moral attitude about music, and then in my late teens I moved to England to seek fame and fortune and all that, and I was kind of stunned by the cynicism and the factory-like atmosphere of the music world over there, and it shook me. I'm thinking, "Am I wrong? Am I stupid and naïve? This is the way that everybody does everything and, had I better get with the program?"

For me, it was an affirmation that it's all right to totally believe in something and live for it and not compromise. It was a simple as that. On that 2112 album, again, I was in my early twenties. I was a kid. Now I call myself a bleeding heart libertarian. Because I do believe in the principles of Libertarianism as an ideal – because I'm an idealist. Paul Theroux's definition of a cynic is a disappointed idealist. So as you go through past your twenties, your idealism is going to be disappointed many many times. And so, I've brought my view and also – I've just realized this – Libertarianism as I understood it was very good and pure and we're all going to be successful and generous to the less fortunate and it was, to me, not dark or cynical. But then I soon saw, of course, the way that it gets twisted by the flaws of humanity. And that's when I evolve now into . . . a bleeding heart Libertarian. That'll do.

[capitalization left in the original, but I suspect that Peart means small-L as opposed to big-L...]

Listening to a podcast recently they had a debate on whether there is a time when you need to get into Rush by or you'll never 'get' it.

I wouldn't say I can't stand them, but I have tried and they just didn't 'stick'. I think Geddy Lee's voice is the problem. There's Robert Plant and there's fingernails down a blackboard, and I'm afraid he falls into the latter camp.

Yes, but has the old prog-rock sound gone as well? That bit I actually quite liked, but I gather they subsequently went down the Genesis route of going all er... 'slick modern pop' sounding?

Anyway, can't be bothered with them now.

Yes, but has the old prog-rock sound gone as well? That bit I actually quite liked, but I gather they subsequently went down the Genesis route of going all er... 'slick modern pop' sounding?

Anyway, can't be bothered with them now.

I like the "Moving Pictures" record, but that's about it.

I just saw some recent live footage of them, and Lee's voice is totally shot.

I thought Hungary use the Euro :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Nope they managed to bankrupt their citizens by other methods

Namely selling them mortgages linked to the Swiss franc that has resulted in many people having mortgage repayments higher than their wages

Ok then serious Question

I've been having massive problems sleeping for the last few weeks, I will admit I've been pretty stressed (money problems, nothing major but enough to make the next month or two pretty dificult) I dont let it get me down at all but that's all I can put my restless nights down to.

Someone at work has gave me some kalms and told me to drop a few before I go to bed, I'm gunna give it a go but I always thought they were nothing more than a placebo to be honest. What would happen if I threw

back 6 or 7 of them? They are only herbal crap ain't they?

Be interested to know how you get on as I have terrible trouble sleeping

I brought a stock of various over the counter medicines on my last trip to the states , still don't help me sleep but they do make me groggy in the morning !!

Ok then serious Question

Someone at work has gave me some kalms and told me to drop a few before I go to bed, I'm gunna give it a go but I always thought they were nothing more than a placebo to be honest. What would happen if I threw

back 6 or 7 of them? They are only herbal crap ain't they?

Be interested to know how you get on as I have terrible trouble sleeping

I brought a stock of various over the counter medicines on my last trip to the states , still don't help me sleep but they do make me groggy in the morning !!

My friend takes melatonin tablets/capsules, and says they work wonders...

They did for a period of about a decade (depending on where you draw lines, but something definitely changed from ]La Villa Strangiato to Where's My Thing? (both instrumentals, for the Geddy-phobic)). For the past couple of decades the sound has been mostly in the hard rock with the occasional prog flourish vein, though the past two albums (perhaps because they're produced by a fan of the old stuff... for most of the period from '82 through '96, the producers the band hired were guys with distinctly non-prog, non-hard-rock backgrounds) some of the prog has returned (e.g. keeping with the instrumentals The Main Monkey Business, though the 10-minute-plus epics are unlikely to return. It's more prog in terms of density of arrangement or the "WTF did he just do there?" sense.

Get into work to find out my colleague who is on double what I'm on and who I'm on a 13 hour shift with is coming in late as he is 'tired', so am I you clart but I still have to come to **** work! Then the fit milf who does the night shift says to me as she leaves 'you look **** rough today rich'.

**** off.

So ive been insulted and im on my own in one of the busiest departments in all of BSMHFT. Great.

Roll on 20:00 :(

/moan

Â