General Chat

Stevo985

You can catch AIDS from reading VT, too.

Yeah, along with insomnia, depression, anger management issues, anxiety and becoming increasingly popular is a severe addiction to the seasonal transfer speculation thread.

In the pub quiz picture round last night, there was some bint I failed to recognise (beyond "Presumably a 'celeb' of some description").

My missus identified her correctly. It was Katy Perry.

Just thought that would amuse you.

It does amuse. Thank you, very thoughtful :) I still find it surprising that you don't even stumble across these annoyingly ubiquitous people in your day to day existence, Mike. It's hard to even try and not recognise Katy Perry. Evidenced by the fact she recently appeared bouncing her tits up and down in our very own amusing gifs thread.

It's the whole celebs thing. They all look much the same and I'm just not interested in them.

Real women (i.e. ones you actually meet) FTW.

As for Katy, sure she's pretty, but I still only have the vaguest notion of what she's 'famous' for. Actor? Singer? Model? Probably all three but who cares? And I gather from the other thread that she's been shagged by Russell Brand. Meh.

In the pub quiz picture round last night, there was some bint I failed to recognise (beyond "Presumably a 'celeb' of some description").

My missus identified her correctly. It was Katy Perry.

Just thought that would amuse you.

It's the whole celebs thing. They all look much the same and I'm just not interested in them.

Real women (i.e. ones you actually meet) FTW.

As for Katy, sure she's pretty, but I still only have the vaguest notion of what she's 'famous' for. Actor? Singer? Model? Probably all three but who cares? And I gather from the other thread that she's been shagged by Russell Brand. Meh.

I'm with the Moon Man.

I recently struggled to identify either Beyonce or Rihanna. Shakira - no idea who she is (other than a 'singer'?) - just a name to me who I could not identify in a line-up.

Katy Perry - would have struggled to identify her until she was plastered all over that thread the other day. IMO talentless and quite plain looking too, so that'd be why she was not on my 'radar'.

Letting modern 'celeb' 'culture' pass me by as far as possible, IMO largely FTW.

To be honest, unless the theme of the picture round was "Pre 1970's celebrities" I'd be surprised if Mike got any of them right ;)
...is the right answer. :thumb:

I recently struggled to identify either Beyonce or Rihanna. Shakira - no idea who she is (other than a 'singer'?) - just a name to me who I could not identify in a line-up.
Same here. Couldn't identify (or name a single song by) any of them.

My life has massively effective shite filters in operation.

When it comes to the quizzes I rely on Mrs M for that sort of thing.

Jon. You don't know who Shakira is? :cry: I'm all for shunning knowledge of celebrities, but Shakira man, SHAKIRA! Just do a google image search. One of the world's beauties. She's on 'the list' :nod:

Jon. You don't know who Shakira is? :cry: I'm all for shunning knowledge of celebrities, but Shakira man, SHAKIRA! Just do a google image search. One of the world's beauties. She's on 'the list' :nod:

I thought she was probably black, given the name. :oops:

Seems not! My google search (at work so quite a 'safe' search) has revealed a rather cute blonde lady.

Couldn't name a song of hers though. I'm getting very close to 40 now, and the 'celeb' filter is on overdrive. It's hard to completely filter all the shite out, due to TV, radio, t'internet etc trying to ram them down your throat so to speak.

Sadly, I know all too well who Jade Goody, Jordan, Kerry Katona etc are (were), even though I don't want to.

I know people have been burned on here for making statements like this in the past.

But I'd say Beyonce is probably one of the most famous women in the world at the moment. Rightly or wrongly.

Same here. Couldn't identify (or name a single song by) any of them.

Sadly, for my sins, I am all too aware of the god awful 'umbrella' song, by Rihanna.

I know people have been burned on here for making statements like this in the past.

But I'd say Beyonce is probably one of the most famous women in the world at the moment. Rightly or wrongly.

I'd agree with you Ben.

TBH I do roughly know who Beyonce is, and that she's a singer once in a girl group who is with (married to) Jay Z.

And she does some acting?

But I was watching (not through my own choice) a music vid with said Beyonce in it a few months ago, and was caused to inquire who it was, as I wasn't sure. It was just a generically good looking lady wearing next to nothing, singing a plain song. It could have been anyone.

Her rugby player thighs are her most distinguishing feature.

If ever in doubt in future ask yourself "Could this singer/actress squat 400lbs?"

If the answer is yes, chances are it's Beyonce

Â