General Chat

Stevo985

Ooh, a Cheltenham thread. That'll be staying orange.
The only orange one on the page for me ATM.

Current oranges - Youtube, X-Factor snubs Brum, Staying in OT .... , Cheltenham, John Peel's records, Murdoch scum, What album... , Hangovers, Women over 40 ..., Watching a good TV show*

* thanks to a spoiler posted last week, that thread will be orange for ever and ever :angry:

Ooh, a Cheltenham thread. That'll be staying orange.
The only orange one on the page for me ATM.

Current oranges - Youtube, X-Factor snubs Brum, Staying in OT .... , Cheltenham, John Peel's records, Murdoch scum, What album... , Hangovers, Women over 40 ..., Watching a good TV show*

* thanks to a spoiler posted last week, that thread will be orange for ever and ever :angry:

Current oranges

1290637889rFEQ3J.jpg

Just left the hospital, not great news.

I have got the impingement syndrome that they suspected but I have osteoarthritis in both hips (my right one mainly) gotta wait for an appointment to come through so they can knock me out and give me a painkiller injection directly into it to see if it responds to that at all, I asked him what would happen after that cuz an injection won't just cure it and he said they would deal with that when they got to it but seemed to take great delight in reiterating to me (again) that I will probably need a hip replacement by the time im in my 40's

Bad times

At least you know now and haven't exacerbated the problem with years of sticking your head in the sand and giving in to the pain. What age are you now? By the time you're 40 a new hip might be like being Usain Bolt's faster cousin.

Anyone noticed you can not write M c C l o w n in reference to our amazingly talented manager. It still comes up as McCleish. Yet the words **** and shit are not filtered. Strange.

It's McLeish :thumb:

Anyone noticed you can not write M c C l o w n in reference to our amazingly talented manager. It still comes up as McCleish. Yet the words **** and shit are not filtered. Strange.

It's McLeish :thumb:

Oh hello there. Tactics for Bolton, attack please and leave Heskey on the bench. Oh and dont subsitute our most attacking threatening midfielders. Thanks

McLeish

If my manager leaves work and my md exPects me to take over some of that role, can I say I will only do it for a payrise?

Signing off invoices and managing budgets and doing work only a manager would do, if he asks me to take over some of that am I within my rights to ask for more money there and then?

They already get a bloody good deal out of me as it is and I'm not doing the extra work for nothing.

If my manager leaves work and my md exPects me to take over some of that role, can I say I will only do it for a payrise?

Signing off invoices and managing budgets and doing work only a manager would do, if he asks me to take over some of that am I within my rights to ask for more money there and then?

They already get a bloody good deal out of me as it is and I'm not doing the extra work for nothing.

Is there someone else who would take up the offer or are you the only one that can fill the gap (so to speak).

There's no harm in asking up front but if they're offering nothing, I'd still take it, make yourself indispensable then talk cash.

Im Indespensable anyway. 5 person section will be down to just 2. With no manager.

I am online marketing exec but now IT person who deals with our It support company and also took over the project management of the new website once they got rid of the consultant.

No way am I taking on any more work without a pay rise. He cannot make me redundant and if we have a disagreement and he fires me I have all the info to win any case.

I just think I should be able to say "if you want me to take on any kind of managerial responsibility then you'll have to pay me a salary for a manager"

I tried that and got a big '**** you' our place will literally have you doing a managers job on secondment for 2 years and then drop you down to your old level without so much as a thankyou

Can you not apply for this managers role , does the company have a history of looking internal and promoting within ?

I went through something similar very early in my working career..a manager left and I took the view of getting on with the job and showing I could do it .. Then raised it at my next appraisal in a subtle way and the proper title and remuneration the role deserved followed.

The other option is of course to ask for the money upfront as you suggest

Think a lot depends on the company and your relationship with the boss .. .

Can you not apply for this managers role , does the company have a history of looking internal and promoting within ?

I went through something similar very early in my working career..a manager left and I took the view of getting on with the job and showing I could do it .. Then raised it at my next appraisal in a subtle way and the proper title and remuneration the role deserved followed.

The other option is of course to ask for the money upfront as you suggest

Think a lot depends on the company and your relationship with the boss .. .

the boss isn't too great tbh

I am already doing my role on lower than industry standard, plus taking on IT liaison to the support company and also project managing the web build from our side ( I am an online marketing exec ffs)

they were paying a consultant £600 a day to do that 2 days a week and I am doing that AND my job for £18k a year.

hell online marketing exec on it's on is basic £20-£30k.

What I want to say is that I will do all the online marketing and budgets and MANAGE that side of the marketing department.

i am on 18k and the manager is on £25k. add that is £43k divide by 2 is £21.5k.

I will become online marketing manager for £21.5k no less or I will just find another job on £20k no problem and leave with a weeks notice (which is the current process).

I am a v good online marketing exec and generally with 4 agencies I am signed up with always get offered new roles for interviews even though they know I am full time.

Hell there was a role that came up a few weeks ago and all 3 agencies the company got to fill the role called me. ALL 3.

I got given the IT responsibility at no thanks or offer because "oh you know a bit about computers"

knob

Â