General Chat

Stevo985

Just throwing this one out there. I've cancelled my Fitness First gym membership via my online banking, just cancelled the direct debit. I've met the minimum yearly requirement it requests in the contract so is that sorted now...?

Just throwing this one out there. I've cancelled my Fitness First gym membership via my online banking, just cancelled the direct debit. I've met the minimum yearly requirement it requests in the contract so is that sorted now...?

Have you told Fitness First because you might want to do that!

They will want one months notice as well so they will claim you need to pay a 13th month if you have left it too late to give the required notice.

I had a contract with them and gave them the one month notice before the 12 month contract was up, cancelling the DD myself in the last month and they still tried to charge a 13th month, having a debt collection agency send angry red letters etc :x

I pointed out to the woman ringing me that I had given my notice and paid all 12 months and they left me alone after that but I'd never take up a contract with them again.

Scrap metal is running at about £220 / tonne

Its only 100kg, guy just collected it, £170 in the sky rocket

I have a big heavy cast iron woodburner o/s here it needs too much work doing on it, so I bought a newer one of ebay.

Is it worth trading it in and any ideas how you find places to take scrap metal?

Don't leave it out the front or the pikeys will whisk it away inside 24 hours

If you look online there are scrap metal traders who will collect and pay

Is it cast iron ?

Cheers CI I'll have a look online see who I can find.

It is cast iron quite big and VERY heavy.

It's up a corner and NO one can find where I live anyway. The village is very higgeldy piggeldy.

Only time we see pikeys is Appleby Horse Fair time.

EVERYTHING gets bolted down those weeks!

Do you know anybody with a van Julie? You need to just chuck it in thwe back and drive to a scrap metal dealer. A place near me that a friend has used a few times weights the van complete with metal, removes the metal and then re-weighs the van to calculate the price. If its very heavy then it'll be worth the hassle.

The comment about about the pikeys having it away in 24 hours, I reckon something like that would be gone in 24 minutes round my way.

Do you know anybody with a van Julie? You need to just chuck it in thwe back and drive to a scrap metal dealer. A place near me that a friend has used a few times weights the van complete with metal, removes the metal and then re-weighs the van to calculate the price. If its very heavy then it'll be worth the hassle.

The comment about about the pikeys having it away in 24 hours, I reckon something like that would be gone in 24 minutes round my way.

Just got rid of an old rotten Aga Boiler (about 3ct). Saw some pikeys outside the local tip advertising that they collect scrap metal.

They turned up and took it away..... although watching the 3 of them trying to lift the thing onto the back of their flatbed van was very very funny. Bless em.

im having time off work with illness for the 1st time ever (been working 10 ten years) is it just me or do you feel a rocket polisher when you phone your boss?

im not skiving either! ive got scarlet fever, im not exactly bed ridden but i have tonsils the size of golf balls and covered head to toe in a shockingly itchy rash i cant sleep and its contagious, i'll probably have the rest of the week off and feel really guilty about it

im having time off work with illness for the 1st time ever (been working 10 ten years) is it just me or do you feel a rocket polisher when you phone your boss?

im not skiving either! ive got scarlet fever, im not exactly bed ridden but i have tonsils the size of golf balls and covered head to toe in a shockingly itchy rash i cant sleep and its contagious, i'll probably have the rest of the week off and feel really guilty about it

Hell, no. If I feel shit, I stay at home, simple as. Guilty? **** that.

You weren't by any chance given a cuddly toy rabbit last Xmas, were you?

I'm the same. I've only ever had 2 days off sick, and I was genuinely sick, but i felt incredibly guilty the whole day

Always easier to text in sick, then switch the phone off until you're "better" ;-)

I'm having second thoughts about my calendar with the week starting on Sunday, although it scares and confuses me, at least with Sunday crossed off first it looks like I've already cracked the week.

I'm having second thoughts about my calendar with the week starting on Sunday, although it scares and confuses me, at least with Sunday crossed off first it looks like I've already cracked the week.
You cross off the days on a calendar??? :shock:

I thought only people in 1930s American films did that.

Â