General Chat

Stevo985

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Has anyone been to one of those big weekenders at Butlins?

I've been roped into the 80's on at Minehead in June.  I didn't realise it was THREE nights.  Anyone ever been to one?  I was thinking of ditching the last night and going home on Sunday.  Don't want to miss out though but I suspect the Sunday is a bit more low key.

I am going to one in March at Skegness. I was going to stop till Monday but now heading back on the Sunday. That's more to do with my availability rather than the entertainment on the last night.

• Thanks 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

I’ve jut looked it up.

Katrina without The Waves, Go West, a Queen tribute band, Bobby Davro, and bingo based party games, over 3 nights, for £90.

I’m actually excited for you. 

It does seem to be the worst line up of the ones I've seen.  The big headliner is 5 Star FFS.

I would like to see Tom Bailey (ex the Thompson Twins) but I reckon he might be the Sunday act.  Hopefully the Jhon Duran tribute Act is good.

Anyway, It's not about the bands, it's about the vibe and the company!

You're just jealous because you drove away your Butlins.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It does seem to be the worst line up of the ones I've seen.  The big headliner is 5 Star FFS.

I would like to see Tom Bailey (ex the Thompson Twins) but I reckon he might be the Sunday act.  Hopefully the Jhon Duran tribute Act is good.

Anyway, It's not about the bands, it's about the vibe and the company!

You're just jealous because you drove away your Butlins.

To be fair, you’ve got to look past the headline acts and see it for what it is, a sex party for the obese middle aged.

Drugs should be fairly easy to obtain, but they will mostly be statins and poppers.

To be serious for a second, I do know a couple of people that love this sort of Butlins weekender and if you go in to it with the right attitude for fun, they can be brilliant. Closest I’ve done, is I finally went to the Glastonbarry weekender which was wall to wall tribute bands in a tent down the local park. It was brilliant once I’d loosened up and had a couple of beers. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

If it isn't a sex party shit will be going down in Barry Town.

I was just about to mention, there was some talk on here a while back that these events seem to attract a lot of “loose women”. 

If that’s a good or a bad thing I’ll leave it for you to decide.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Have I already mentioned I’m visibly excited?

Just put a coat over your lap and lean forward a bit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was just about to mention, there was some talk on here a while back that these events seem to attract a lot of “loose women”. 

If that’s a good or a bad thing I’ll leave it for you to decide.

Back in the day, lots of my first jobs were all based around the local ‘kiss me quick’ tourist industry. All those character building jobs, just being a go’fer in the holiday camp, attendant on a fairground stall, porter at a hotel, bar work at hotels.

I’m sure @Seat68 would have exponentially more anecdotes than me, but there was definitely a certain type of lady that liked a really good holiday that ticked all the boxes. Some guys knew this and were determined to make sure they had a really good holiday, others were perhaps a bit more circumspect.

When I worked in the hotel, you got the sense quite quickly, you knew by mid evening which couple would be the last still in the bar, and then it was just whether the offer was with or without the husband in attendance. As a teenager, I found it strangely unerotic to be offered a middle aged shag whilst hubby’s beer belly loomed in my peripheral vision. Plenty of others were less prissy.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Genie said:

I mean, I could maybe imagine Coleen Nolan at the 70s ones?

14 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

5star will always trigger the memory of the Going Live phone in featuring 5star

That was great, I am also a big fan of the, perhaps uncalled for, Matt Bianco call

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

That was great, I am also a big fan of the, perhaps uncalled for, Matt Bianco call

That’s up there with “my ex-wifes a bitch” regular caller

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Haha. Don't remember 5 Star but definitely Matt Bianco. 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Has anyone been to one of those big weekenders at Butlins?

I've been roped into the 80's on at Minehead in June.  I didn't realise it was THREE nights.  Anyone ever been to one?  I was thinking of ditching the last night and going home on Sunday.  Don't want to miss out though but I suspect the Sunday is a bit more low key.

A mate has been to a few in Minehead, lots of drink and shagging apparently

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

A mate has been to a few in Minehead, lots of drink and shagging apparently

I am just not going to look at the state of the mattress. 

4 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

If you're staying bronze or silver then I'd bring your own mattress

We've got "comfort" apartments. Is that worse? 

stressed-hunter-franklin.gif

• Haha 1

Â