General Chat

Stevo985

Called sky last night, been with them for 4 years and told them I was leaving, only semi serious tbh as I quite like their content. The lady really wanted me to take a 25% discount for 12 months but agree to renew all my contracts with them which I wasn't so keen on. I declined and asked her to process my cancellation, she then came back with a final 50% off for 6 months :D no new contracts, I can cancel anytime, or as will happen I'll threaten to cancel in 6 months time unless the renew my 50 % discount. Job done :thumb:

It's disgusting that you have to complain to get that deal (which is clearly still making them a tidy profit). It should be available to ALL their customers.

Scum.

The whole Andy Gray / Richard Keys situation completely overshadowed Sky announcing that they made record profits in the last financial period and had gone through the 10 million subscribers barrier for the first time.

I once heard Alexi Sayle say that your brain has a finite capacity - when you reach that limit, for every new fact you learn, an old one disappears from your brain.

I'm presuming that this is the only rational explanation for the fact that despite having the same pin number for my debit and credit cards for the last 15 years, I have been entirely unable to recall that number so far today. :huh:

I too believe in the finite brain capacity theory.

That's why I've taken a conscious decision not to read any bumf the office issues regarding ISO or QA or Building Reg changes etc.. This stuff builds up and builds up, contributing nothing of value. The thought of forgetting the name of the lead singer of the Buzzcocks in order to know the correct procedure for filing invoices is, quite frankly, not worth the risk.

I too believe in the finite brain capacity theory.

That's why I've taken a conscious decision not to read any bumf the office issues regarding ISO or QA or Building Reg changes etc.. This stuff builds up and builds up, contributing nothing of value. The thought of forgetting the name of the lead singer of the Buzzcocks in order to know the correct procedure for filing invoices is, quite frankly, not worth the risk.

You'd better disregard TWO work things today then, as you'll need space for both Pete Shelley AND Howard Devoto.

Â