General Chat

Stevo985

So these guys from London came into the restaurant tonight and man were they full of themselves. But what was fun for me was praising Villa. One of them kept blabbing on about Chelsea and a few others about Man United. I won't lie to you, while other american girls were swooning at their ridiculous Hugh Grant accent I just beacame completely pissed off with them. First the insults that "there's no way an american girl knows anything about REAL football" and then when I said I support Villa they actually attempted to rip apart Birmingham. Now I am aware that I only became a fan a few years back and it was to impress my now husband that I did so. But I honestly LOVE Villa. I still have a few things to learn and it may take me forever to know about old players but I love this damn club! And no one is going to rip apart anything I love. I did end up knowing more than one of the jackasses *I'm not even sure he's a real sports fan* and the others sort of backed off after that. But one guy started in on Brum again and wanted to know why I would ever care about it. I said because the best man ever came from there, MY HUSBAND! He then started to insult the people from Brum and I let him have it. One of the guys came over and apologized. Said he had family from Brum and that his friends were just being dicks because I caught them off guard knowing anything about footie or England for that matter. I have only been to London once, and except for the train station workers everyone seemed douchey....is this a common London thing or have I just had some bad luck with people from there?

:clap: Well done on standing your ground with those southern clearings in the woods. Londoners have one opinion - anywhere north of Watford are backward places where everyone has a regional accent.

**** them. All plastic fans down there, support Leyton Orient and Crystal Palace you jerk-offs!

So these guys from London came into the restaurant tonight and man were they full of themselves. But what was fun for me was praising Villa. One of them kept blabbing on about Chelsea and a few others about Man United. I won't lie to you, while other american girls were swooning at their ridiculous Hugh Grant accent I just beacame completely pissed off with them. First the insults that "there's no way an american girl knows anything about REAL football" and then when I said I support Villa they actually attempted to rip apart Birmingham. Now I am aware that I only became a fan a few years back and it was to impress my now husband that I did so. But I honestly LOVE Villa. I still have a few things to learn and it may take me forever to know about old players but I love this damn club! And no one is going to rip apart anything I love. I did end up knowing more than one of the jackasses *I'm not even sure he's a real sports fan* and the others sort of backed off after that. But one guy started in on Brum again and wanted to know why I would ever care about it. I said because the best man ever came from there, MY HUSBAND! He then started to insult the people from Brum and I let him have it. One of the guys came over and apologized. Said he had family from Brum and that his friends were just being dicks because I caught them off guard knowing anything about footie or England for that matter. I have only been to London once, and except for the train station workers everyone seemed douchey....is this a common London thing or have I just had some bad luck with people from there?

:clap: Well done on standing your ground with those southern clearings in the woods. Londoners have one opinion - anywhere north of Watford are backward places where everyone has a regional accent.

**** them. All plastic fans down there, support Leyton Orient and Crystal Palace you jerk-offs!

In general the Londoners I've met are arrogant, negative tossers. Always something to complain about.

In general the Londoners I've met are arrogant, negative tossers. Always something to complain about.

Same. On Thursday I was stopped by 2 people frm London as they got out of their car and they asked where this pub was, so I told them. I just explained that they had to walk about 50 feet accross the parking lot, walk another 20 foot between 2 buildings and the pub would be right in front of them. They asked asked if it had it's own parking and I said no, but if you park the other side of the parking lot, it's about a 30 foot walk. They then went on about how it's a shit place to put a pub. I mean **** hell, I know they were getting on a bit, but complaining about having to walk that distance is ridiculous!

Thank you.

At first I took it all in stride. The girl I work with that was waiting on them heard them talking about football and was confused until she realized it was our "soccer" *i'm sorry*, so she suggested they talk to me because she knows I follow it . But the insults went from slightly funny to completely rude in minutes and I ....WAS......PISSED......OFF. It was fun to watch their faces react to my reply though.

Not sure you can label 7.5 million people as all being the same

I work in London on occassion, 'they' seem generally nice enough. Certainly usually pan out as easy to work with followed by a bit of friendly banter once we've had a pint.

I have to say, I've worked all across the UK and briefly overseas, generally, people are ok.

I had a cockney girl all over me tonight. Like, literally all over me. Should have gone for it. But didn't. What the **** was I thinking?!

Bollocks.

Bollocks.

Bollocks.

My ex is **** word removed.

Â