General Chat

Stevo985

And I bet her house is three times the price of mine! Hail the valleys lifestyle, surrounded by smack heads, roiders and staffs running free, but the house is cheap as ****.

I know that. My gf is just outside Swansea and I can't believe how cheap her house was. Thankfully, it's not quite the valleys so we don't have to put up with what you do Chris but for the price of property down that way, I'm seriously considering jumping ship.

And I bet her house is three times the price of mine! Hail the valleys lifestyle, surrounded by smack heads, roiders and staffs running free, but the house is cheap as ****.

I know that. My gf is just outside Swansea and I can't believe how cheap her house was. Thankfully, it's not quite the valleys so we don't have to put up with what you do Chris but for the price of property down that way, I'm seriously considering jumping ship.

Theres a contractor in the office whos from london - couldnt believe the other day that someone was buying a house for "just" £140,000.

Mine was less than that but unfortunately bought in November 2007 - the peak of prices of all time :(

Theres a contractor in the office whos from london - couldnt believe the other day that someone was buying a house for "just" £140,000.

Mine was less than that but unfortunately bought in November 2007 - the peak of prices of all time :(

GF bought hers about 8 yrs ago for about 60k!!! Now worth about 130k and still three times nicer than what I'm paying 250+ for in London. I really don't know why I'm still here ;)

My Dad's originally from Swansea, loads of our relatives live there, my Dads cousin's a copper there, he's always got a tale to tell about the Valleys.

As of Friday I shall be a grand overdrawn and have a huge mortgage beginning. BUying houses is shit!

Tell me about it. I've written a cheque to my solicitor today and am trying to decide if I should put a note in asking him not to cash it for a few weeks.

I thought I was all set, done my sums and everything stacked-up but now I've started to look at furniture, I see that I don't actually have enough budget left to buy a bed and a sofa!

All the more galling when I see the palace that my sister has in Brum is half the price of the flat I'm buying down here :(

You in London? I'd hate it if I was buying there. Mine is a nice 3 bed house in Sheldon for just over £130k

But yeh, things spiral out of control cost wise.I've spent so much more than I thought I would. Didn't think I'd get anywhere near my overdraft, let alone a grand into it.

And my solicitors insist on bank transfers so I can't even ask them to cash a cheque a bit later.

Get paid on Tuesday though.

As an aside, does anyone know the deal with mortgages? I've arranged mine so I pay on the first of the month. If I move in on the weekend will I start paying my mortgage straight away on 1st Oct.

My mom is convinced I get a month without having to start repayments? Is she going senile?

Aren't house prices relative to the standard of living?

4chan is the cesspit of the internets where all manner of weirdos , degenerates , basement dwellers , script kiddies , pedophiles , Internet tough guys and some ordinary folk(me) frequent and prowl.

I wuv it.

Stick with SomethingAwful... the original and best cesspool of the internets.

Aren't house prices relative to the standard of living?

I would say there is a link but it's nothing like close enough to bridge the gap.

My Dad's originally from Swansea, loads of our relatives live there, my Dads cousin's a copper there, he's always got a tale to tell about the Valleys.

Neath, Merthyr, Aberdare and Treorchy aren't the nicest of places... theres a reason the valleys have the reputation they do. :)

Still, cheap ass house.

Neath, Merthyr, Aberdare and Treorchy aren't the nicest of places... theres a reason the valleys have the reputation they do. :)

Still, cheap ass house.

I always thought Neath wasn't so bad when passing through it. Then I was taken to the Neath fair. :winkold:

Â