General Chat

Stevo985

Just now, Xela said:

I'm not greedy, I only want £1m

But how great would it be to keep a million and give the other 150M to good causes of your choice? That's enough to make a real impact. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2016 at 17:26, Ryan. said:

If you've never been told to NEVER have ice, then consider yourself warned. 

image.jpg

I work one ice makers nearly daily and they're all filthy bacteria pits.

It's ridiculous that a machine that essentially makes a food, does not need to be maintained in any way by law.

EHO are a waste of a title. They are letting these companies get away with it.

Again, never have ice.

Having worked in restaurants for 30 years, I concur. I don't like drinking draft beer for similar reasons.

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

But how great would it be to keep a million and give the other 150M to good causes of your choice? That's enough to make a real impact. 

Yeah as much as I'd be happy with a million that's not going to happen...

id seriously consider rounding it down though, I'd take £100m and then give the rest away, I'd change the lives of a lot of people around me and then still have a lot left to give to charity etc

first thing though, I'd disappear for a month, try and get my head round it all and come up with some sort of a plan, stay away from people, £151m is an insane amount of money, think it would be very easy to fall out with family over, know at least a couple in my family that would expect verging on demanding to be given a good chunk of it 

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Having worked in restaurants for 30 years, I concur. I don't like drinking draft beer for similar reasons.

whats wrong with draft beer ? ...sure company's send in their own guys now to clean their own lines 

And I do t know if it's naivety or innocence or maybe even just kindness but i was talking to my missus about what we'd do if we won the £151m and she said "well we'd have to wait until we'd worked our months notice"

:lol:

to be fair I'd probably give some of them money and take them out to celebrate but I'd be off like a shot

1 minute ago, Meath_Villan said:

whats wrong with draft beer ? ...sure company's send in their own guys now to clean their own lines 

TBH, at least in New England lines are rarely cleaned. Vendors are more concerned with pawning off crap products so they can make their bonus for the month.

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

Given my experience of American draft beer, I'd probably suggest uncleaned lines might improve the flavour.

Most American beer is pretty awful, but there is good beer here, better than ever, really. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't tell anyone I'd won the lottery, I'd just buy them all incredible gifts and give them to people on Xmas day.

My dad would be my first purchase - a new Jag and a Rolex.  He's always said if he'd come into a bit of money he'd love a Jag and Rolex.

Mom - probably 2 tickets for a round the world cruise.  1st class, all the trimmings.

Brother - I'm not sure actually.. Probably buy Halesowen Town F.C for him as he has a season ticket.  :lol: 

Wife - I'd get her a personal trainer, the fat word removed.

(I joke, she'd get whatever she wanted).

I'd just go travelling around the world I think.  There are so many places I'd love to visit but can't because of time/money restrictions.  Decorating a new house with nicer things than we are used to is expensive :)  So it'd be lovely to go into a shop and just pick what I wanted, rather than a cheaper imitation which won't last as long.  It would also be nice not to worry about things breaking.  "Oh, ovens broke, just a guy and get it done".  Without thinking "Christ, £90 to fit a £300 oven?".

Ahh the little things :) 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I wouldn't tell anyone I'd won the lottery, I'd just buy them all incredible gifts and give them to people on Xmas day.

My dad would be my first purchase - a new Jag and a Rolex.  He's always said if he'd come into a bit of money he'd love a Jag and Rolex.

Mom - probably 2 tickets for a round the world cruise.  1st class, all the trimmings.

Brother - I'm not sure actually.. Probably buy Halesowen Town F.C for him as he has a season ticket.  :lol: 

Wife - I'd get her a personal trainer, the fat word removed.

(I joke, she'd get whatever she wanted).

I'd just go travelling around the world I think.  There are so many places I'd love to visit but can't because of time/money restrictions.  Decorating a new house with nicer things than we are used to is expensive :)  So it'd be lovely to go into a shop and just pick what I wanted, rather than a cheaper imitation which won't last as long.  It would also be nice not to worry about things breaking.  "Oh, ovens broke, just a guy and get it done".  Without thinking "Christ, £90 to fit a £300 oven?".

Ahh the little things :) 

What about me :)

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

You get a years salary to sort your shit out! ;)

Limpid would be compensated for the running of the site for 50 years.

See?  I'd be a great millionaire. :) 

Fair play. Just so you know I earn 100k a year ;)

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

Â