General Chat

Stevo985

Jenny Jones question on University Challenge just now. Nobody got it.

That's show business for you: one day you're the most important guy that ever lived, the next day you're some shmoe working in a box factory.

Or posting inane chatter on VT

I think I damaged a curtilage once.

did it lead to your demise, or just a square footage?

Jenny Jones question on University Challenge just now. Nobody got it.

who ?......................... :trollface:

lead singer in Radioplay

If I'm trying to fill a bath by boiling water on the hob, is it better to boil it in a quicker but smaller saucepan and do more trips or a larger but slower one and do less trips? Genuine question. Kettle comes into play later.

If I'm trying to fill a bath by boiling water on the hob, is it better to boil it in a quicker but smaller saucepan and do more trips or a larger but slower one and do less trips? Genuine question. Kettle comes into play later.

Sounds like a science question. Not up to that bit yet, have you considered running the tap?

• Like 1

Sounds like a science question. Not up to that bit yet, have you considered running the tap?
Haha, I have but as my boiler is broke all that offers me is cold cold COLD water.

Curtilage
  • Like 4

Haha, I have but as my boiler is broke all that offers me is cold cold COLD water.

Opposite for me, cold water tap in the bathroom has stopped running, apparently I am changing it on sunday.

Opposite for me, cold water tap in the bathroom has stopped running, apparently I am changing it on sunday.

You only have hot, I only have cold, don't suppose you live local do you, problem solved [emoji1]
  • Like 1

I wouldn't bother filling the bath, when it happened to me I just boiled the kettle to make a sinkfull and rinsed around the key areas. The boiler got fixed pretty quick though so I wasn't too minging. You could just man up and have a cold shower, it is summer after all.

I think I damaged a curtilage once.

It is contained in the knee of most Dublin 4 residents.  Where also a creche is the coming together of 2 cars.

• Like 2

So my brother who has been a functional codeine addict for many years is in ICU. Multi -organ failure and a flesh eating infection they can't treat because he's too weak.

Guys/girls....whatever is going in your lives, whatever mess you're in....talk to someone....because the mess you make if you don't is always worse.

This. We have a niece with anorexia, and it's heartbreaking.
  • Like 1

So my brother who has been a functional codeine addict for many years is in ICU. Multi -organ failure and a flesh eating infection they can't treat because he's too weak.

Guys/girls....whatever is going in your lives, whatever mess you're in....talk to someone....because the mess you make if you don't is always worse.

This. We have a niece with anorexia, and it's heartbreaking.

My brothers just been discharged from his second six month admission, it's incredibly difficult to watch but there is a light at the end of the tunnel! You have to believe that the experience will make them a stronger person at the end.

That's where the mental health of the individual becomes critical.  If they lose that then they have far less ability to make rational and reasonable decisions.

Sorry to hear that mate.

I'm assuming the codeine was from Cocodamol? The only reason I ask is that I had a (relatively mild by comparison) addiction to them a few years ago after a couple of operations in a row got me hooked, and that took me a while to break.

Fingers crossed for your brother.

Sorry to hear that mate.

I'm assuming the codeine was from Cocodamol? The only reason I ask is that I had a (relatively mild by comparison) addiction to them a few years ago after a couple of operations in a row got me hooked, and that took me a while to break.

Fingers crossed for your brother.

Thanks everyone for the kind words

It was straight codeine originally for a back injury. Dr prescribed 100 or so pills and then repeated and he's been hooked ever since. He basically rotted his insides having taken it with ibuprofen (neurofen plus) up to 100 tabs at a time for a few years.......

Addiction from prescription makes it sadder because it wasn't the person who went looking for it.  It found them instead and they were probably caught unawares.  As I always say, we can only hope he beats the odds and pulls through.  People do from time to time y'know.

Â