General Chat

Stevo985

I left school yesterday, but I'm not going uni, and most of my mates are.

Everyone was getting all emotional, but I wasn't.

This sounds cynical, but I care for about 30% of my year, and couldn't give a shit about the rest.

Exactly.

Everyone was like "I'll miss you blah blah blah", but if you missed them that much and valued their friendship then you'd make sure you met them every so often.

I can count on one hand the amount of people I still see from secondary school.

Occasionally I'll head to facebook to see what people are up to, and I'm reminded why, the great deal of them turned out to be clearings in the woods.

When you leave secondary school it's like the end of the world, but looking back on it, you'll see that the people you leave behind aren't anywhere near as irreplaceable as you thought they were, and if they are, nothing to stop you keeping in touch.

It's not the amount of people I get emotional about last night it's just certain people.

I've known a few of my mates and spent longer with them than my own family seeing them pretty much every day for 5/6 hours a week. That's why I care. More quality of friends than quantity!

I keep in touch will a small group of people from secondary school but hardly any from uni, don't worry that your mates will leave and make new friends they will but when they return it's people they spent all of secondary school with that become bestest friends.

I can count on one hand the amount of people I still see from secondary school.

Occasionally I'll head to facebook to see what people are up to, and I'm reminded why, the great deal of them turned out to be clearings in the woods.

When you leave secondary school it's like the end of the world, but looking back on it, you'll see that the people you leave behind aren't anywhere near as irreplaceable as you thought they were, and if they are, nothing to stop you keeping in touch.

I left school 17 years ago and see my old school mates maybe twice a year.

We just sort of drifted apart and found new lives one way or another.

Â