General Chat

Stevo985

I've heard those courses are quite useful though. You actually learn a lot of stuff.

Like if you average 80mph instead of 70mph for a 30 mile journey you only save about 3 minutes.

I've heard those courses are quite useful though. You actually learn a lot of stuff.

Like if you average 80mph instead of 70mph for a 30 mile journey you only save about 3 minutes.

Yeah, it was quite interesting, certainly made me think.

The thing is it's one of those 'sit round a table with strangers and say something interesting about yourself' things with people who really don't want to be there and are bitter that they got caught doing 49mph on the 40mph stretch on the M5.  :angry:

I went on a Speed Awareness course on Wednesday. My other half did it a few months back and she told me how the bloke asked the group 'what’s the most likely thing to happen if you speed?’. People were saying you could get a fine, points, etc. He said, "No, the most likely thing to happen is you’ll get away with it. People speed all the time and it’s rare they get caught. This is why it’s important for people to understand the reasons why they shouldn't speed rather than just not getting caught."

So I'm at the back, not really getting involved in the discussion, the bloke asks the questions, "What are some of the things that happen if you get caught speeding?". After asking a few other people he looks at me and says, ‘Come on, you've been quiet, what’s something that could happen?’

Me, trying to be clever..."You could get away with it".

There’s a few giggles in the room and the bloke says "That’s not exactly the right attitude".

I answered the question 'What are some of the things that happen if you get caught speeding?’ with ’You could get away with it’.

What a nob.

So have you been caught speeding? Is that why you went on it?

I was driving behind a police car yesterday, his average speed was about 45mph in 30 zones :lol:

They only bother to get you when they've been given that specific job.

I find when I do the school run at 70 mph I get shot of the 2 bickering kids in the back  quicker than I do when I take them at 30 mph

• Like 1

I went on a Speed Awareness course on Wednesday. My other half did it a few months back and she told me how the bloke asked the group 'what’s the most likely thing to happen if you speed?’. People were saying you could get a fine, points, etc. He said, "No, the most likely thing to happen is you’ll get away with it. People speed all the time and it’s rare they get caught. This is why it’s important for people to understand the reasons why they shouldn't speed rather than just not getting caught."

So I'm at the back, not really getting involved in the discussion, the bloke asks the questions, "What are some of the things that happen if you get caught speeding?". After asking a few other people he looks at me and says, ‘Come on, you've been quiet, what’s something that could happen?’

There’s a few giggles in the room and the bloke says "That’s not exactly the right attitude".

I answered the question 'What are some of the things that happen if you get caught speeding?’ with ’You could get away with it’.

What a nob.

But you were answering a different question.

Your wife was asked what was the most likely outcome if you speed. Answer: you'll probably get away with it.

You were asked what was the most likely outcome if you get caught speeding. Answer: probably some form of punishment.

Different thing entirely.

What a nob.

But you were answering a different question.

Your wife was asked what was the most likely outcome if you speed. Answer: you'll probably get away with it.

You were asked what was the most likely outcome if you get caught speeding. Answer: probably some form of punishment.

Different thing entirely.

Yeah, I know.

"I answered the question 'What are some of the things that happen if you get caught speeding?’ with ’You could get away with it’.

What a nob."

• Like 1

Â