General Chat

Stevo985

Can anyone tell me what Nuneaton's like?

I've a job interview in the offing there and have no clue what it's like. After 15 years of London life, I feel like a change but have a suspicion that Nuneaton might not be quite what I'm looking for. Still, quite a hike in salary on offer so I guess I'll have to have a look.

I've a job interview in the offing there and have no clue what it's like. After 15 years of London life, I feel like a change but have a suspicion that Nuneaton might not be quite what I'm looking for. Still, quite a hike in salary on offer so I guess I'll have to have a look.

It's a mixture of green, brown and grey. 

You're either going past a field, or an industrial estate.

The people look glum, but not as glum as people in Hull.

The Rev is the man to ask.

• Like 1

Watched something on 5 USA recently. Programme started at 9:00 and went to a five-minute advert break at 9:06. **** that, I'd rather pay a licence fee.

Yup, tried to watch a film on Channel 5 a couple of months back and it was impossible, so many adverts you'd forgotten where the film had got to and then due to the number of ads they'd chopped the film up so it didn't take 4 hours.

My taste recently has gone BBC channels, Channel 4, Shed*, Netflix, God TV

*ancient episodes of Wheeler Dealers where they buy a car for £1,800, spend a grand on parts work on it for 6 months and sell it for £3,000 and declare it a massive success

I think there might be a few Shed channels, I think there's a fishing one and yes, maybe a fart one.

'......next on Shed, blokes build a radio controlled 1/3 scale model of a Shelby Cobra over 16 episodes shown back to back......will they get the job finished before the 14th annual Birmingham scale model convention.....'

just looked up the schedule, Monday looks pretty typical:

6:00pm  Thinking Tackle - a fishing programme

6:30pm John Wilson Fishing in Madagascar

7:00pm John Wilson fishing in Norway

7:30pm Le Salvager - A man tries to weld a settee to a Renault 4

8:00pm Le Salvager - A man build a greenhouse using recycled wood and doors

10:00pm Top Hooker - a fishing programme

and on and on it goes..... 

Edited by chrisp65

Â