General Chat

Stevo985

Seeing as Nath's on one end of the row of houses and this dickhead's on the other, for the sake of the occupants in the middle that'd be a rather bad move Ruge.

My mistake I read his post wrong, thought this lad was next door. Yeah don't do that then ha. That would be funny though if all the houses just put on their music full blast to block out all the other peoples music.

One other thing, the person who lives next to this dick head is an elderly woman, she lives on her own so unless she's deaf she must feel quite intimidated by the noise/people who go around. 

The last time I went around he offered this as an excuse: "My friend's over from Brazil, he's a DJ." As if he was expecting me to say it's OK, keep practicing your DJ set live on a Tuesday night at 11pm whilst my pregnant girlfriend is trying to sleep. 

I was at a wedding on Sat and got talking to a couple , they were a bit late for the reception as a car had parked over their drive and blocked them in ... so they had to call the police and the police arranged to move the car

it then turned out in the conversation that the car belonged to their next door neighbour and they hadn't even bothered to go next door and knock on the door to ask if they could move it

this was the point I made my excuses and went and spoke to someone else

I think half the problems these days are that people don't bother speaking to their neighbours or even finding out their names , matey boy with the music may still be a dick but if he knows your name and you always speak to him he might just be less of a dick  ... my first house was a terrace house and you could hear quite  a bit through the walls , it was just a case of speaking to each other and establishing what volume level on their Hi-fi system didn't drown out your TV or cause you to shake out of bed due to heavy bass   , with the occasional apology when one of us came home drunk at 2 am with a few mates for a late night mini party

Do what they do in texas, just go round and blow his head off.

No that's only if they're on your land so technically the noisy neighbour would be blowing his head off.

ok well tell him you've made him some nice bakewell tarts,and for him to come round to collect them. Then blow his head off.
  • Like 1

Anyone got any experience with dealing with noisy neighbours? I live on the end of terrace of 4 houses and this absolute rocket polisher lives on the other end, he regularly insists on playing his drum and bass music ridiculously loud. He's currently having a party and I can't sleep for the noise his music and dick head friends are making outside. I've spoken to him before about it but it obviously hasn't sank in that other people are affected by his music. Any tips?

First suggestion would be to watch the bad neighbour programme on channel 5. That should give you several tips on the best way to go with this.

Have you had similar problems in the past, shaggy?

• Like 1

I was at a wedding on Sat and got talking to a couple , they were a bit late for the reception as a car had parked over their drive and blocked them in ... so they had to call the police and the police arranged to move the car

it then turned out in the conversation that the car belonged to their next door neighbour and they hadn't even bothered to go next door and knock on the door to ask if they could move it

If you'd stayed, may they have gone on to say that they didn't bother because they've done it before and their neighbour has been rude, told them to do one or just ignored them? :)

If you'd stayed, may they have gone on to say that they didn't bother because they've done it before and their neighbour has been rude, told them to do one or just ignored them? :)

no they just didn't want to go knock as they didn't know them and were worried about how they would react was the gist of it ..

no they just didn't want to go knock as they didn't know them and were worried about how they would react was the gist of it ..

Well, that is pretty poor - though I do partly understand the sentiment especially if they have previous experience of neighbours causing problems/getting violent.

Had they gone and knocked on the door, you could have been telling us the story of how you were at a wedding on Sat and one of the invited couples had been brutally murdered by a neighbour in a problem parking incident. :)

• Like 1

I was moaning in the TTPYOTS thread the other night about some private schoolkid pricks in the house next-door-but-one playing loud music and having a party. The music stopped about half ten, I assumed the guy who owns the place came back and put a stop to it.

I found out yesterday when one of our neighbours popped in for a visit that that wasn't what happened. Apparently they were kicked out of the house and instead sat on a nearby field drinking. This field is owned by this neighbour and she went round and told them all to **** off and the kids moved on. I live out in the country and there's about twenty houses in total in the entire area and a nursing home just down the road so it's usually a very quiet place. Apparently these little shits left the field and started smashing bottles by the nursing home late at night, no doubt scaring the old folk shitless, and were then chased off yet again where they went up the road to another neighbour's house. These guys have horses which were getting scared by the yobs shouting at them, and someone finally called the police and had the little shits sent away. I don't know what happened to them after that.

Some people are just absolute cocks. I mean I've been to my fair share of house parties and it's not like I never got drunk as a kid, but I didn't go round screaming and smashing bottles and scaring old people. Absolute scum, hopefully they get sent back to boarding school soon so they can get back to touching each other up in the shower. Dickheads.

• Like 3

Some people are just absolute cocks. I mean I've been to my fair share of house parties and it's not like I never got drunk as a kid, but I didn't go round screaming and smashing bottles and scaring old people. Absolute scum, hopefully they get sent back to boarding school soon so they can get back to touching each other up in the shower. Dickheads.

Are you going to be cleaning them again?

• Like 1

Regards the noisy neighbour, ring the police and tell them you think they may be doing drugs and you thought you heard shouting like there was a scuffle going on.

They are then obliged to come out and when they do so will more likely than not ask the person to keep it down.

Â