General Chat

Stevo985

Anyway, we have a politics thread for this boring shit. Lets get this thread back on topic - complaining about everything else in life!  :)

• Like 1

This is becoming almost as unpleasant as on topic.

Some good news.... a promotion into a new team is coming up at work. My manager said "make sure you apply for it". Applied for it today so fingers crossed.

• Like 4

Right folks, enough of the politics if people want to continue on that topic take it to the relevant thread where you will find some posters chomping at the bit to engage with some of the stuff posted in here.

This thread isn't for Politics stuff, that goes for me as well.

• Like 1

Meanwhile in Turkey I've just been tear gassed buying a can from a shop. A few hundred people flew past the shop followed by a cloud of the stuff. I had to buy some milk, mix it with water and pour it through my eyes.

Meanwhile in Turkey I've just been tear gassed buying a can from a shop. A few hundred people flew past the shop followed by a cloud of the stuff. I had to buy some milk, mix it with water and pour it through my eyes.

Sounds like you'd gone to the right place. :thumb:

• Like 2

Sounds like you'd gone to the right place. :thumb:

I'd be buggered if I'd have gone anywhere else!

The clique :lol:Are you aware how pathetic that post sounds.

No.But what have you achieved in life for me to care what you think?

That is Richard Ingram you are talking to and don't you forget it.

x_f1fb143f.jpg

• Like 1

Right, yet again I've had to remove a load of posts from this thread.

If it continues the thread will get locked and further action will likely be taken, no more politics and no more posting about posters please.

I do not understand cricket

One man, let's call him the 'batter' stands in front of some wooden dowels that are stuck in the ground and he has to defend them from another man, the 'bowler' whose job it is to throw balls at those dowels until he manages to knock them down.

So the batter tries to whack those balls away as far as he can. While the ball is flying, or rolling away, he and another batter, who is stood at the other end of a little run way with his own set of dowels, run up and down in opposite directions while the other team try to get their ball back. They then have to get back to a set of dowels before somebody throws the ball at them.

If the batter whacks the ball hard enough into the crowd and hopefully catches someone in the head with it, he gets 6 points and doesn't have to run about. If the ball rolls along the pitch and bounces over a bit of old rope they run around the edge of the pitch, he gets 4 points and doesn't have to run around either.

When the bowler eventually smashes everyone's dowels to bits and no one is left to run around, that's the end of the first half then they all swap jobs and the other team get to do the knocking over.

This can literally go on for weeks on end.

Â