General Chat

Stevo985

I take it for granted really because I've lived here for so long!

I really like Lichfield. Considered moving there but decided on Four Oaks in the end,. 

I don't think I could live anywhere else in the country but Lichfield now to be honest.

Warwick and Stratford upon Avon are other favourites of mine, 

I take it for granted really because I've lived here for so long!

I really like Lichfield. Considered moving there but decided on Four Oaks in the end,.

I don't think I could live anywhere else in the country but Lichfield now to be honest.

Warwick and Stratford upon Avon are other favourites of mine,

bloody hell mate you've got some money you have

I can see the sea from my bedroom window, walking distance from the coast, sandy beaches, rocky beaches, pebble beaches, walking distance from a country park, 15 minutes from the centre of a city, 10 minutes walk to a train station, 15 minute drive to the motorway, I can see a 7-11 Sainsbury a pub and a takeaway down the far end of my street.

Quite like my gaff to be honest.

yes that's right, I'm a smack head with a monobrow and a scouse accent trying to sell you your own laptop and bike

BeXyWbjIgAAJ_Ii.jpg

nah, sophisticated southerner really, sat on the sand with a double espresso and a twix

Edited by chrisp65

See, I couldn't hack that, ok maybe a long weekend, a week absolute tops. But that middle of nowhere thing with just **** countryside to look at isn't for me. I'm amazed more farmers and country types don't go on shooting sprees.

I'm very much a townie.

Trees, hedges and grass, eeesh

What spot in the UK would be remote enough to live in peace but still close enough to a major town in case one needs to do a bit of shopping?

I think it was Mark E Smith who said it best, 'Hit The North'. Some very picturesque countryside up this way, and plenty of towns and cities big enough for shopping etc. Depends on what you want to do / are doing for work, or how you'll be able to support yourself. After visiting a few times, I like the idea of living in Hebden Bridge, which is just about slap bang in the middle of Leeds & Manchester.

But then you have to deal with Northern people who can't complete a sentence without telling you they're Northern.

• Like 2

What spot in the UK would be remote enough to live in peace but still close enough to a major town in case one needs to do a bit of shopping?

I think it was Mark E Smith who said it best, 'Hit The North'. Some very picturesque countryside up this way, and plenty of towns and cities big enough for shopping etc. Depends on what you want to do / are doing for work, or how you'll be able to support yourself. After visiting a few times, I like the idea of living in Hebden Bridge, which is just about slap bang in the middle of Leeds & Manchester.

But then you have to deal with Northern people who can't complete a sentence without telling you they're Northern.

Yeah, plus they all smell of pies, tabs and broon ale. In all seriousness though, I do find the further north you go, the friendlier people are (I've lived in Birmingham, Surrey at Uni, and County Durham). I could pretty much live anywhere, I have very little to hold me back from moving anywhere, and I choose to live in the north.

The mispronunciation of every word does that for them

See, I couldn't hack that, ok maybe a long weekend, a week absolute tops. But that middle of nowhere thing with just **** countryside to look at isn't for me. I'm amazed more farmers and country types don't go on shooting sprees.

I'm very much a townie.

They buy dogs instead and take it out on poor mr fox

I'm very much a townie.

They buy dogs instead and take it out on poor mr fox

There is nothing "poor" about Mr Fox. He's an arsehole with good PR.

(Not advocating hunting with dogs btw)

Â