Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over 400 pages about Spurs on a Villa site :shock: . And this is the 2nd one to because I remember the previous Spurs one around 2009 got deleted because of arguing.

I imagine the interest will die down now that they're not managed by an utterly despicable word removed of a human being

Over 400 pages about Spurs on a Villa site :shock: . And this is the 2nd one to because I remember the previous Spurs one around 2009 got deleted because of arguing.

I imagine the interest will die down now that they're not managed by an utterly despicable word removed of a human being

What if McLeish takes over? ;)

A bit of an exaggera......nah I wont, too easy.

But I dont think Harry has actually done that much wrong as a person. He is no joey barton, el hadji diouf, john terry etc.

Great that Harry has gone - weakens Spurs and should put them back to their rightful position of midtable. They've been punching above their weight...

05/06: finished 5th. Could've had 4th if Mendes goal at Old Trafford was give, also Lasagne Gate

06/07: finished 5th. Unlucky to not beat Chelsea in QF of FA cup and lost to Arsenal in SF of carling cup

07/08: finished 11th. Change of manager in October, but also won Carling Cup and beat arsenal 5-1

08/09: finished 8th. Change of manager in October, "2 points from 8 games" lost on pens in CC Final to Utd.

09/10: finished 4th. FA Cup semi finalists, had a legit goal ruled out, could've changed the game.

10/11: finished 5th. QF's of CL and beat Inter and AC Milan

11/12: finished 4th. FA Cup semi finalists, Chelsea awarded an unfair goal, could've changed the game.

That's the last seven seasons for Spurs. Redknapp was only in charge for three and a half of those seasons, and he only managed marginally better results with Modric, Bale, Parker, Van der Vaart and Lennon in midfield than Martin Jol did Jenas, Tainio, Davids, Davis, Murphy etc in midfield.

Give Jol Redknapp's Spurs team and give Redknapp Jol's Spurs team and the Redknapp hype would've been far less wild.

It's no surprise that Spurs performances have improved as the club's stature and ability to attract better players has increased. With a better manager last season, Spurs would've been sitting pretty in 3rd place.

You finished in the top six on 2 occasions out of the previous 18 seasons before Harry arrived.

A mid-table club that has over achieved thanks to Harry.

All this you "would have done this" and "would have done that" doesn't wash with me!

You finished in the top six on 2 occasions out of the previous 18 seasons before Harry arrived.

Or depending how you look at it, on 2 occasions out of the previous 3 seasons before Harry arrived. You can twist statistics to back up any kind of argument if you want mate, but that angle was rubbish.

A bit of an exaggera......nah I wont, too easy.

But I dont think Harry has actually done that much wrong as a person. He is no joey barton, el hadji diouf, john terry etc.

The irony being that I'm not exagerrating this time.

I'd very much doubt this thread will be even close to as regularly posted in once they appoint a new boss (depending on who it is, obviously)

This thread got so much attention because of Harry and his despicable ways. Spurs was the sideshow to Harry's main attraction.

And he's done plenty wrong. He's a horrible person.

Oh i miss some of Glastons classics like Gomes is better than Friedel and Dos Santos and Bentley will be better than Ashley Young.

To be honest I think Spurs fans are still pretty divided on who is better out of Friedal and Gomes. At their best, there is no debate as Gomes is better. But Friedal is very consistent and Spurs fans greatly appreciate him for that. He was exaclty what we neeeded last season, the season before that, Gomes was so up and down. Brad is a solid 7/10 keeper week in week out, whilst Gomes can be the best in world for a few weeks and then look like a Sunday league keeper for a few weeks. Persoanlly I'd like Brad to retain the No 1 jersey next season, but there isn't much in it. If Gomes shows his 2009/10 form and pre Spurs form, then he'll be our number 1.

Dos Santos probably is better than Young when playing at Internatinal level. In fact here isn't much doubt at all, he blatantly is. He's never really had much of a chance to show what he can do in the Prem. Why Harry didn't like him is hard to tell, but my thinking is that Harry wanted a professional mentality in the squad and used Dos Santo to implement that. By ignoring an player as talented as Dos Santos due to his unporfessional ways and at the same time giving so much time to a limited but determined player like Livermore, it really sets a good example.

I wouldn't be at all surpirsed if the new manager wants to keep Gio and make him a key player. I think it's unfair to write him off and say it's clear Young is better, as Gio just hasn't had a chance. He's been one ofthe best attacking players in the world at International level and did very well during his loan spell in La Liga.

Bentley is shit. I really thought he'd be a good player for us, but he's been a terrible signing and nowhere near as good as Young.

Â