Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha Spurs fans going mad about how ridiculous it is that a team that finished 6th will be in Champions League ahead of them. Well, yes, Chelsea are **** champions! Instead of bleating about the rules that were already in place they should be questioning how such a mighty side failed to beat us and secure third!

The impact of that result can't be under estimated. I'd say it's the worst thing to happen to us in 35 years. It will almost certianly mean Modric will leave and probably Bale also. It's pretty much the end of a good period for us. I can't see how we can hold off Liverpool for long with their money either.

It's actually bad news for most of the Prem, though I doubt you'll see it like that at the moment. I just can't see any team other than Liverpool being able to compete with the current CL clubs as their already huge financial advantages are going to get bigger next year.

I feel sorry for Spurs.

The rules are unfair.

They finished in the top 4 so they should get into the Champions League.

They should allow 5 teams from the same country in these situations.

I feel sorry for Spurs.

The rules are unfair.

We all knew the rules beforehand. To be fair to UEFA it's only really in the Prem where such an impact is felt by not making the top 4. The same thing happened in Spain when Madrid won the CL and finished 5th. But it wasn't such a big deal there as the impact it had on the team missing out wasn't the same. For us Chelsea winning tonight was catastrophic.

I feel sorry for Spurs.

The rules are unfair.

What the ****? Champions League should be for champions, and a knock out at that.

I feel sorry for Spurs.

The rules are unfair.

What the ****? Champions League should be for champions, and a knock out at that.

That actually makes is a much weaker competition. Also, if they did revert back to champions only and a knock out format, then it wouldn't be long until a European super league started.

Feel sorry for Spurs, yeah they **** up but still you finish 4th you expect to qualify. New rule for the future any team that finishes outside the top 4 that wins the Champions Leauge has to try to win in the final, parking the bus and fluking it on pens dont count!!! If we had a great season and finished 4th and lost out on that performance by Chelsea i would be totallly mortified.

I feel sorry for Spurs.

The rules are unfair.

That actually makes is a much weaker competition. Also, if they did revert back to champions only and a knock out format, then it wouldn't be long until a European super league started.

The money also needs to be trimmed back to Europa League levels to limit the damage to domestic leagues...

Funny that 4 weeks ago Redknapp said he hoped that Chelsea would win the final :P

Though in fainress to spurs if they were Liverpool they would probably get into Champions League

Funny that 4 weeks ago Redknapp said he hoped that Chelsea would win the final :P

Though in fainress to spurs if they were Liverpool they would probably get into Champions League

I recon Redknapp would still have been cheering for his nephew over his club yesterday.

He's no Spurs man deep down.

I feel sorry for Spurs.

The rules are unfair.

Agree 100%, **** the money

I feel sorry for Spurs.

The rules are unfair.

Agree 100%, **** the money

Also agree! I'm one of the old guard that thinks it should be for Champions only. UEFA Cup should be for 2nd-4th placed clubs and bring back the Cup Winners Cup!

Spurs shouldn't have been so cocky, shouldn't have blown a huge lead over Arsenal, taunted them with "mind the gap", and said this was their best side in 20 years/Arsenal's worst. It has all come back to ram itself up their arse.

No. Sympathy. Whatso-ever.

I feel sorry for Spurs.

The rules are unfair.

That would be crap.

You'd have worse teams and worse players.

You wouldn't be able to have Real Madrid and Barcelona.

You wouldn't be able to have Ronaldo and Messi.

Bayern Munich would be replaced by the Champions of Andorra.

Chelsea would be replaced by the Champions of Wales.

AC Milan would be replaced by the Champions of the Faroe Islands.

Manchester United would be replaced by the Champions of Estonia.

etc etc

Â