Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Perhaps it's due to sheer incompetence and why he isn't in the job anymore as well?

Or perhaps Spurs are really quite good. I didn't see Bale have much of an effect on them outplaying AC last night. Just a thought.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live and work amongst Spurs fans so seeing them do well makes me want to spew my bollocks up.

Saying that, though - there's no doubt that Harry is a very good manager. I reckon if he'd have been managing Villa since Lerner took over, rather than O'Quitter, then it'd have been us playing in the Champions League instead.

Remember the last time we finished above Arsenal? Some of the posters on here were probably still wearing nappies at the time. We were on an even keel to them at the time, but then they appointed the right manager for the job, and we haven't finished above them since. I hope the same doesn't happen with Spurs.

I don't understand the Spurs hate. Yeah I dislike them and everything but they're shown almost as much vitriol as SHA on here and I don't know why.

The only people there I hate are Redknapp and Gallas. A lot of the players they have are class acts both on and off the pitch.

I'm not underestimating AC Milan, as we've got the second leg to come, but there aren't that many players there that you'd really clamour to get in your team. If someone lined them up and said, 'which of these players do you want?' I don't think I'd take many of them.
Hard to disagree. There's a few alright, but on balance it's an indictment of the Serie 'A' that Spurs probably have the edge on paper.

I don't understand the Spurs hate. Yeah I dislike them and everything but they're shown almost as much vitriol as SHA on here and I don't know why.

Its quite simple:

1] Harry Redknapp gets called a fraud on Panorama.

2] Portsmouth's first game after Panorama was Villa away.

3] Villa fans give Redknapp loads of shit over the Panorama program.

4] Redknapp says something about the nasty Villa fans in the media.

5] The hate fest commences, and its never ended.

Perhaps it's due to sheer incompetence and why he isn't in the job anymore as well?

Or perhaps Spurs are really quite good. I didn't see Bale have much of an effect on them outplaying AC last night. Just a thought.

When did I say they weren't? :?

I just got the impression that you were putting too much stock on their results being because they were unknowns rather than on the fact that they might be genuinely better than the teams they are beating. As Harry says, if you line up the AC Milan team, there aren't many he'd 'clamour' to take from it.

Its quite simple:

1] Harry Redknapp gets called a fraud on Panorama.

2] Portsmouth's first game after Panorama was Villa away.

3] Villa fans give Redknapp loads of shit over the Panorama program.

4] Redknapp says something about the nasty Villa fans in the media.

5] The hate fest commences, and its never ended.

I don't even think it's just that, I barely know anybody that likes him. Even most Spurs fans can't stand him as a person :lol:

They were fantastic last night.

It's so annoying to look at spurs and see what a strong team they have. It's Spurs for God's sake! Hopefully they'll crumble when Harry messes off to England.

Its strange, i don't think they have a fantastic team, certainly not a team that id look at and think there's a quality team. But they work together, much like MONs teams did. Yes they have some quality like Modric and Bale but these are the only players that would demand £20 mil plus fees.

I dont mind Spurs but cant stand Redknapp. Not going to take anything away from him he has done a brilliant job there and he has a lot of very good players at his diposal.

I really like that new kid Sandro. Think him and Modric could be a decent combination for them

Â