Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

It was offside mate simple as that I don't begrudge Spurs the goal because I am sure we have had our share of dodgy goals, but come on mate I know you are a Spud but why defend everything?

I believe Andy Gray said Gallas said he touched it tonight before the game not sure if true or not.

I don't defend everything. If I believed the goal was genuinely illegal, I'd say as much. Makes no difference at all what my opinion of it is, if it's given then it's a goal. It's not as if the goal would be ruled out if I don't defend it blindly. The point is though, as has been mentioned numerous times now, is that the goal was legitimate in keeping with the stupid rules that are currently in place.

As a rather clever poster wrote earlier in the thread, the goal should stand, the rules should go.

And nobody finds it odd that Richard Keys makes that claim but there aren't any quotes whatsoever from Gallas in any of the vast amounts of media outlets? Did Gallas give Keys a private interview where Gallas incriminated himself? In which case, shouldn't the Premier League give the goal to Gallas and not Huddlestone? Hm.

It comes from Jamie Redknapp, he said he spoke to Gallas personally and he admitted it to him. No idea why Redknapp would make it up.

Not that it matters as it's offside within the rules anyway, how you can claim that it would not affect Schwarzer is beyond me.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a rather clever poster wrote earlier in the thread, the goal should stand, the rules should go.

• “interfering with an opponent” means preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or movements or making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent

It was offside. The ref dropped a bollock!

The problem with the bit you've highlighted suggests that it wasn't offside. In the opinion of the referee it didn't deceive or distract the opponent. we know that as he gave the goal.

I think it should have been given offside, in the opinion of me it would have distracted or deceived Schwarzer. But in the opinion of the referee it didn't.

Was a legit goal to me, Schwarzer saw the ball early, Gallas didn't look like he touched it and if he did it was minimal. If he wasn't there I think the shot still would have went in.

If he did, it's offside, however minimal.

It should of been offside anyway. He attempted to play the ball and therefore interefered.

Yeah, whether he touched it or not is irrelevant. He clearly made an attempt to play the ball, there's absoloutely no doubt in that, making it offside. It was also a Premier League official making a decision, so what're the chances it was going to be right? Not very high.

They are gonna sign Rooney! :lol:
He 'fancies a move back to his old haunt' apparently..
Redknapp really is such a **** clown.

OK, I know he was only joking, but I do wish he'd keep his gob shut for five minutes.

More a sad reflection of football but still made me chuckle

Where is injured defoe tonight for spurs for this huge game?

Travelled with the team, in the stands soaking it up? Nope

In and around london watching it with fans? Nope

At home? Nope

Dj-ing at the mobo aftershow party? Bingo!

I found this funny on one of the Spuds boards.

Yesterday, 09:49 PM Post #16

5-0 inter .. milan are going to smash use everywhere , then everton 2-1 victory cahill 2 !!

Then another Spuds fan says to him

Today, 07:40 AM

Well you would know buddy, given your vast champions league experiene

I think the second guys should be listening to the first guy...haha

Did Glaston ever re-emerge? I haven't read this thread so much recently without that bellend to entertain me.

After last years Tottenham success he got a little carried away and has spent the past couple of months trolling a Chelsea board telling them that their recent successes aren't recent enough to count for anything.

Â