Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that they've already lost to Wigan and only scraped a drew against West Brom in the first five games, they've still got a long, hard fight on their hands to get 4th again. I guess the consolation is that even with such a lukewarm start, they're still in 4th at the moment, such as been the form of the teams around them too.

The large injury list (again) hasn't really helped though. Gomes, Woodgate, Dawson, Modric, Bentley, O'Hara and Defoe all being injured with Kaboul and Gallas picking up knocks against Wolves and Van der Vaart needing to come off in every game so far. It'll be nice to see a full strength Spurs team get a run of games for a change.

I can see Spurs struggling for top 4 because of the Champions League this season. Well I hope they do :)

No way are they nailed on for top 4, they look as though they were lucky to beat Wolves due to poor defending. Why don't Wolves play that shit against Villa?

Ah well, rather Spurs than City or Liverpool

This.

Not for me. I'drather anyonethan Spurs.

It would actually be a close run thing between whether I'd rather have Blues or Spurs in the top 4. I think Spurs would edge it, but itt would be close.

Ah well, rather Spurs than City or Liverpool

This.

Nah, because then we're competing with 4 teams with CL revenue + City's endless amounts of dosh. Whereas if Citeh are in the top 4, Spurs/Liverpool/whoever misses out don't have CL revenue so we'll find it far easier to compete with them.

Citeh over Liverpoo/Spurs any day.

Spurs weren't too far from drawing that and indeed the highlights indicated they weren't actually creating that many second half chances before that idiotic Ward challenge on Hutton.

I'd still expect them to drop plenty of points this side of Xmas, Man. City will finish 4th this season.

Spurs weren't too far from drawing that and indeed the highlights indicated they weren't actually creating that many second half chances before that idiotic Ward challenge on Hutton.

I'd still expect them to drop plenty of points this side of Xmas, Man. City will finish 4th this season.

We weren't too far from losing. If we hadn't got the pen when we did I think we'd have lost. But in terms of dominance the media have made it out to be a lot closer than it was. We boosed the game and had lots of chances. It's just whenver it's fairly tight against lesser teams, the media, pundits and match commentators seem to only notice what the lesser side are doing. We'd go close 3 times, then Wolves would have a half chance and the next thing I'd hear was the commentator saying Wolves are starting to get on top! It was the same against Stoke and West Brom.

I think City will finish 4th aswell. We wont finish 4th without a top class striker and Defoe is the only guy we have who can get 20 a season, but he's injured again. I can't see any quality strikers being available in Jan, so think City will finish 4th.

I think it will be City for 4th as well.

Actually I think City might finish higher than 4th. They have started a bit slowly but once they are gelling and their huge squad comes into play after christmas I think they will contuine to pick up points in a similar way to Man U and Chelsea.

did you see 'arry wobblyhead on sky sports news yest going on about the guy who died this week. spurs legend billy davies i think he was, but arry said yeah he was great in the 61/62 double team. I have a huge dislike of spurs but even i know their double was 60/61; good to see 'arry knows his stuff about the team he manages. knob

without trying to disrespect the player who died i did hear a celebrity spurs fan on the radio trying to explain how the spurs 60/61 team was "arguably" the best english club side ever and therefore he as the star must be regarded as one of the greatest players in the english game ever

it was **** daft, say his stats say the facts explain what he did that was good, but dont try and make up reasons as to why he was better than everyone else

To be fair, don't like Spurs but hope they finish 4th. Liverpool have the potential with current owners to just go down and down I think.

Man City are just complete words removed.

Tottenham, I don't like them but they are less annoying than City and well Liverpool, reasons explained.

Looking how everyone has started though, if O'Neill hadn't of left, I think we'd of been about 2/3 points ahead of these lot!

Â