Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Not really upto them though is it. They said they weren't going to let Berbatov or Keane go either. When a bigger club comes calling, they've historically let their players go not long after.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are Liverpool going to get the money from? Selling Gerrard and Torres perhaps? Then Rafa can buy some great players such as...

paulo wait and see you will be eating those words im afraid as i think liverpool will get taken over by a major wealthy person

Some insider knowledge?

Expect a takeover to come from India, the people who bankroll the IPL cricket tournament have massive wealth and India will be a massive commercial market. These people although not as rich as Citeh's sugardaddys', do make Abramovich look like a down and out.

Certainly seems to be the year for the smaller clubs with Fulham making the Europa final and Spurs getting their 4th top seven finish in 2 decades.

Well played Spurs you deserve a crack at the big time. If you fail to win it I will be reminding you that we have won the big one :D

Maybe they will copy West Ham if England win the World Cup, and build a statue of an Everton player outside their stadium?

If Spurs get through the qualifiers at all , I am 100 percent sure they'll never make it out of the group stage. Harry does not have the tactical nous for the CL, it is where the real BIG boys play.

In fact I am willing to bet Spurs will not make it to the knockouts if they get to the group stage in the first place. Anyone willing to take me on? ....

First of all, thankyou to all those Villa fans who have been gracious enough to congratulate Spurs on gaining at least 4th place ... much appreciated.

As to your proposed bet, MrWeedMcGrass, IF Spurs reach the group stages wouldn't it be wiser to wait and see how the draw for their group pans out before diving in all gung-ho? Wouldn't it be wiser still to wait and see what Spurs do in the transfer market this summer?

I certainly won't be making any bets until all of the above has come to pass. But if you choose to renew your offer at that time then I might be interested.

My offer stands irrespective of the draw or the players Spurs sign. I am extremely confident 90 percent of the teams in in pots 1 and 2 should beat Spurs. :winkold: The CL is a step too far for Spurs.

Up to you whether ya want to take me on now or after two months. :P

Have to admit it, Harry has built an exciting team, i predict that with the usual £20 - 30 mill yearly splurge they will improve even more and do quite well in the champions league.

Modric, King, Lennon, Defoe, Bale.....all very very good players. King looks the best centre back in the premiership. He must go to the world cup. Dawson looks tidy aswell all of a sudden. Thats in addition to a bunch of good players like Crouch, Pavlechenko, Gomes, Huddlestone, Krancjar etc.

Liverpool I feel are in real danger of fading into nothing as Man City and Spurs are better now and dont have the debt worrys.

About time spurs did it though considering the money theyve thrown at it over the years.

Unfortunately its plain as day that we are probably joint 7th best team in the prem with Everton. To make that next step up we need some shrewd signings. And a few of them at that.

Well given that old hands like King, Lennon, Dawson, Defoe and even Younes to an extent have been pretty big players for Spurs over the season it's maybe fair to say that Harry's got them back on track to the top four threatening team they'd become by 2005-7, and that a couple of smart buys like Modric and Thudd/Bale becoming awesome have kind of cemented it nicely for him; it's not that surprising that they've pipped hastily thrown together across two managers Man City in that regard

Unfortunately its plain as day that we are probably joint 7th best team in the prem with Everton. To make that next step up we need some shrewd signings. And a few of them at that.

Piss off, we are 6th in the league, better than liverpool and arguably better than man city given our cup run this season.

Liverpool n Citehs team may look prettier on paper to you but we are better. Not by a country mile but we ARE!

:flag:

I see Spurs fans on Your On Sky Sports moaning about todays game. I think i heard one guy say it was a disgrace to beat Citeh and lose to Burnley. You finished 4th FFS and was a dead rubber

It wasn't dead rubber, they had an outside chance of finishing ahead of Arsenal which would have been big on a number of levels.

They was never going to finish above Arsenal. I'd of put my life on it.

Well one day Hodgson is going to figure out how to win away games in PL

• 1 month later...
Â